Could a dying power supply be the cause of my drives only making it to 13x-14x on 16x

vbimport

Could a dying power supply be the cause of my drives only making it to 13x-14x on 16x discs?
I tried mcc 004 on different drives and I thought it wasnt a issue before but maybe I never noticed. Or maybe now that I have more drives in my system its sucking more power. Any thoughts?

how long does it take to burn a full dvd at 16x? I have heard it is usually around 6 mins… I think 16x is a marketing thing(?)…

No, a dying power supply will not change the writing speed.

What is your drive, and firmware. There are many factors in to what media will burn at 16x on what drives. Read the forum for your particular drive and see what media’s are burning at what speeds, and with what firmwares.

To put your mind at rest, stick a multimeter probe in a spare molex and ground other probe, put pc on load and see if the 12v rail is within -/+ 5%.

If a harddrive gets low volts it can damage motor so same for roms, but i would bet its fine, dont use software to prove this voltage BTW, use voltmeter.