Cougar nearly joins SD woman in hot tub

Story here

I guess he saw a good meal in hot water and figured it was about done cooking.

I’ll never understand this irrational fear Americans have of wildlife … humans are too big to eat :stuck_out_tongue:

Feeding Habits:The mountain lion has a very flexible diet. Its main food is deer, but it will also eat almost any other animal. It will even eat bison. Other common animals that the mountain lion will eat are raccoons, bears, elk, and even squirrels when necessary. Mountain lions will eat animals from chipmunks to buffalo, and can leap great distances to attack their prey.

Are we not smaller than a buffalo

More than half of California is mountain lion habitat. There are an estimated 4,000 to 6,000
mountain lions in California. Their primary food is deer, but they hunt prey in a range of
sizes, from insects, mice and rabbits, to domestic cats and dogs.
They are secretive cats who usually avoid people, and attacks on humans are extremely
rare. Attacks on humans are rare, but do occur, especially as humans encroach on
wildlands and impact the availability of the mountain lion’s traditional prey.
California, which has the highest population density of areas with a significant cougar
habitat, has historically had 15 attacks and 6 fatalities.
By comparison, about 40 people die in the US each year of bee stings; humans are far
more likely to get struck by lightning or die from a black widow spider bite.
Mountain lions cannot be hunted in California except under very specific circumstances.
This, as well as the extermination in California of the wolf and brown bear, has allowed the
cougar to increase its numbers. California law requires that wild animals who have
attacked a human must be killed if they can be located. Those that prey on pets or livestock
can be killed by a property owner after the required depredation permit is secured. Moving
problem mountain lions is not an option. It causes deadly conflicts with other mountain
lions already there. Or the relocated mountain lion returns.

We all know the truth …

“I am woman … hear me roar … roooouuuuuw”

:smiley: She must have been one good lookin’ Southern!! JK:D

No she just smelled good boiling in that hot tub finger licking