Cossacks Back to War

Just got this game today, protected by the newest SecuROM…

Tried to backup, BWA Builder locked up 5 times, lowered the Max Sectors to 50,000 and only gets to 39% before bails out with an error at 4x. Lowered the reading speed down to 2x at got to 45%, lowered further to 1x and got to 50% before it bails out with Error: bad accuracy: too many bad points!

Anyone know what maybe going on? Brand new CD so there’s no scraches or anything…

That only happened to me when trying to make a BWA from my LTD-163D, if I BWA from my LTR-40125S it works fine.

I have no idea why though, unless [and this is a complete guess] the lowest read speed of the DVD is higher than the speed set in BWA Builder and that was causing it.

Not sure, possible I guess… :confused:

Just add some more information on this game, still can’t make a BWA File for this game yet, so I backed it up anyway and tried. Of course it didn’t work, so I used a fixed EXE/No CD which fixed the problem of starting. After playing for 2 hours & 3 minutes the game bails out back to desktop without warning, without errors or anything. If I play with the original CD and EXE everything runs fine, but as soon as I swap the game bails out…

Hmmmmm, seems like the IG2 (Industry Giant 2) unplayable protection rears its ulgy head again in another form…

Sounds like a variation of the ‘Fade’ technology that was debuted in Operation FlashPoint. If the game detected that there was something ‘odd’ about the install it would gradually reduce the quality of the game play until it became unplayable.

Don’t think I can help in that case, sorry