Corsair Voyager GTX 128GB – SSD speed from a USB3 flash drive

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: Corsair Voyager GTX 128GB – SSD speed from a USB3 flash drive.[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/corsair_logo-92x75.png[/newsimage]

Today I am taking a close look on the latest high end USB3 flash drive, The Corsair Voyager GTX promises SSD speeds, you can continue reading the review to find out more.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/corsair-voyager-gtx-128gb-ssd-speed-from-a-usb3-flash-drive-72243](http://www.myce.com/review/corsair-voyager-gtx-128gb-ssd-speed-from-a-usb3-flash-drive-72243)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

:)Awesome review and totally insane speeds, with Windows 8.1 and motherboard driver support for UASP. I may have missed it, how is the actual housing, is it metal, aluminum, or plastic?:slight_smile:

The housing has some parts that are plastic, but the rest I think it’s aluminum. The built quality is very good and very close to the Lexar P10.

Alan if your motherboard manufacturer has support for UASP in their USB3 drivers (i think that ASUS does have support for UASP in win7) you should be able to reach the same speeds as in windows 8.1 but even without UASP the drive is very fast.

Nice review and a heck of a Flash drive.

[QUOTE=Cyberburnout;2732020]Nice review and a heck of a Flash drive.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Cyberburnout, indeed the drive is amazing.

Current price here is very close to the price of an SSD of the same capacity, $120. As thumb drives go, I’d be more likely to buy one with 1/2 the speed and 1/2 the price.

[QUOTE=Cyberburnout;2732020]Nice review and a heck of a Flash drive.[/QUOTE]
Hey Cyberburnout , fancy meeting you in a place like this. LOL.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2732022]Thank you Cyberburnout, indeed the drive is amazing.[/QUOTE]
Vroom, Cyberburnout ( Sandy) is a close friend and just joined, he is also a reviewer and a really knowledgeable guy, He is totally into tech big time, I think he spends more time helping others than he does on his own rigs. I am very pleased he is here.:bow:

[QUOTE=CDan;2732026]Current price here is very close to the price of an SSD of the same capacity, $120. As thumb drives go, I’d be more likely to buy one with 1/2 the speed and 1/2 the price.[/QUOTE]

I can understand why someone would choose a slower and cheaper flash drive.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2732032]Vroom, Cyberburnout ( Sandy) is a close friend and just joined, he is also a reviewer and a really knowledgeable guy, He is totally into tech big time, I think he spends more time helping others than he does on his own rigs. I am very pleased he is here.:bow:[/QUOTE]

OK Alan.

Welcome to myce Cyberburnout.

Thanks for the welcome Vroom and Alan for the introduction. Don’t let Alan hype me up. I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast. Did I even eat breakfast? crap!

The 1/2 speed and 1/2 price argument is a good one until you need that speed. Most of us do not do enough daily manual transfers to justify purchasing this unit. There are some professions were they would kill the neighbors dog to get one of these. My previous place of employment had contracts with large Telecommunications companies to configure Enterprise routers and switches for their fortune 500 company customers. It was a requirement that the stations not be connected to a network or internet, could not store ANY customer data on the workstation for Security reasons. It was a pain To move Cisco IOS versions and Config files from the secure station to workstation for each unit you worked on. We averaged 25 units a day. Encrypted USB drive was how we moved data back and forth. A drive with this speed would have been a Godsend and cut down on transfer times. Some Medical billing and coding places have crazy rules as well. Banks ect ect. To move a few movies and song? Doesn’t justify the cost.

Maybe install Windows 8.1 or a Linux distro for on the move computing.