Corsair releases Reactor, Nova, SSD products

vbimport

Corsair releases Reactor, Nova, SSD products.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/03/QRJMfY.jpg[/newsimage]Corsair has announced two new solid-state drives to its growing product portfolio, and the newly launched products are available now.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/corsair-releases-reactor-nova-ssd-products-26663/](http://www.myce.com/news/corsair-releases-reactor-nova-ssd-products-26663/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

the price is slowly but surely beginning to decline

That may be but the price still isn’t declining fast enough for your average user
to be able to afford one and for the SSD’s to be able to go mainstream. The price
is what’s going to keep the SSD’s out of your average Joe’s system for a long time
to come I believe, that and the price vs size.

[QUOTE=getit29;2498421]That may be but the price still isn’t declining fast enough for your average user
to be able to afford one and for the SSD’s to be able to go mainstream. The price
is what’s going to keep the SSD’s out of your average Joe’s system for a long time
to come I believe, that and the price vs size.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

But average Joe can afford to buy a $300+ video card or CPU as an upgrade?

Get an SSD and you will realize one will give the feel of a CPU and or GPU upgrade for everyday tasks.

It is no different.

[QUOTE=getit29;2498421]That may be but the price still isn’t declining fast enough for your average user
to come I believe, that and the price vs size.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2498468]But average Joe can afford to buy a $300+ video card or CPU as an upgrade?[/QUOTE]

I agree. :iagree:

I know some who struggle to afford the parts to build a PC, yet will spend this just on a fancy case and a 750+ watt PSU. Unless you need such a fancy case or high wattage PSU (2+ graphics cards in SLI), consider getting something like the Antec 300 and a Corsair (or another reputable) 450w PSU and use the savings towards an SSD for the OS (60GB is enough for most needs) and a large HDD for storage.

See my SSD vs HDD video. I am fairly confident that a heavily overclocked PC with a HDD will feel more sluggish than an average spec PC with a good quality SSD, apart from CPU intensive tasks such as video encoding and playing video games.

WD also releases SSD from Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150636%2050001306&name=Western%20Digital
[B]SSD Wars begin[/B]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2498468]But average Joe can afford to buy a $300+ video card or CPU as an upgrade?[/QUOTE]

[B]Yes I can agree with what your saying [/B]but your average Joe will more than likely think hey
$300.00 more or less for a very small some what limiting 60GB or smaller SSD or maybe I’ll be
able to get a fast video card + a faster CPU for the same or maybe just a little more on price. :confused:

My money is bet on average Joe buying the faster video card and CPU over a single small SSD
because getting 2 things for the price of 1, even though we know that the speed advantage of
a SSD would be money well spent ol’ average Joe probably won’t see it the same way not until
the price of a 60GB or larger SSD is around the same price as a regular hdd is now. :disagree:

Well I paid $200 for my Agility 64GB (+$30 MIRB), for a drive yes that is a lot (if you want to compare to a hard drive) but I wasn’t looking for more drive space just more performance.

Anyway If you are correct then I guess old Joe is just going to missing out :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=getit29;2498592][B]Yes I can agree with what your saying [/B]but your average Joe will more than likely think hey
$300.00 more or less for a very small some what limiting 60GB or smaller SSD or maybe I’ll be
able to get a fast video card + a faster CPU for the same or maybe just a little more on price. :confused:

My money is bet on average Joe buying the faster video card and CPU over a single small SSD
because getting 2 things for the price of 1, even though we know that the speed advantage of
a SSD would be money well spent ol’ average Joe probably won’t see it the same way not until
the price of a 60GB or larger SSD is around the same price as a regular hdd is now. :disagree:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2498602]Anyway If you are correct then I guess old Joe is just going to missing out :p[/QUOTE]

poor ol’ Joe is going to miss the boat :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: