Corsair PSU

Hi all :slight_smile:

I’m rather curious to know exactly what are differences between the three series of Corsair PSU: TX, HX and VX.

The HX series is the higher priced, but reading at the Corsair website there is no really useful information about the differences among these series.

I’m planning to buy the Corsair HX620W, but the TX750W has a lower price, so I’m rather confused :doh:

I wonder if someone know what are exactly differences among the three series.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=73
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=21

here are good unbiased reviews for both, IMO the TX750 is an excellent value, I probably would have bought it had it been available when I got my HX620 (I do <3 my HX tho :)) the only real downside I can see with the TX is it isn’t modular if thats important for you

Thanks for answer :slight_smile:

Indeed I don’t mind about a modular PSU :slight_smile:

I have the TX750 running my overclocked 8800GTS and overclocked Q6700 quad core

Very good PSU, only slightly annoying thing is that if the PSU gets hot the fan will keep running for a short while when you turn the PC off (will not stay running in if its only warm), but this is a good to stop oveheating.

HX was the first series to make a name for Corsair, offering triple 12V rails and modular cabling. VX was their single 12V rail line without modular cabling. Both HX and VX were OEM’d by Seasonic. With the TX line, Channel Well became the OEM for the higher wattage units.

I have both HX620 and VX450 in separate computers and they are more than capable for my usage.

Thanks everybody for your answers :slight_smile:

I think that I’ll get the 750W (it is priced about €25 lesser than the 620W) :eek:

[QUOTE=geno888;2114204]Thanks everybody for your answers :slight_smile:

I think that I’ll get the 750W (it is priced about €25 lesser than the 620W) :eek:[/QUOTE]

Running quad core and quad SLI ? :bigsmile:

I would go for the HX 620W, less heat --> less noise and modular
//Danne

That is what I’m running the HX 620 and I love it the PS keeps very stable voltages
at idle and under full load even with a AMD 5000+Black Edition overclocked to 3+GHz
and a Nvidia 7950GT overclocked also powering 4 hdds, 4 burners, 2 SATA cards etc.
etc. etc. :clap:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2114311]Running quad core and quad SLI ? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;2114317]I would go for the HX 620W, less heat --> less noise and modular
//Danne[/QUOTE]

Actually I don’t mind at all about SLI. I have only an Asus EN8500GT with passive cooling and it’s more than enough for my needs. But I have currently 6 HDD scattered in two computers that I’d like to install in a single machine.

Is it the 620W sufficient? The CPU is an Intel E8400, and if i can find a proper PCI controller, I’ll try also to install 8 IDE burners in the machine (of course, I’ll not burn with more than a single drive at the same time; maybe I occasionally will use two burner at the same time)

Your PC won’t use more than 200 watt with everything running. HDD’s use around 5W idle and 10W loaded. Seasonic also makes some efficient PSU’s that are lower wattage, they are highly regarded. Recently found out that the Enermax PRO82+ PSU’s are near 90% efficient when around 25% of its output.

Thanks eric :slight_smile:

I’ll check for prices :bigsmile:

ENERMAX PRO82+ EPR425AWT 425W is only 5$ (USD) cheaper than a Corsair HX620W and at least with that pricing I cannot say that the Enermax PSU is a good buy at all. (Prices are from Newegg). Keep in mind that you’ll need at least 380W (I’d guess) duing peaks like when you power on your computer.
//Danne

I just found a site offering the 620W at a slightly lower price :slight_smile:

Currently it is the best candidate (now I must have a talk with the wallet :eek: )

[QUOTE=geno888;2115293]I just found a site offering the 620W at a slightly lower price :slight_smile:

Currently it is the best candidate (now I must have a talk with the wallet :eek: )[/QUOTE]

Easily going to be one of your best investments… :cool:

[QUOTE=soulsurvivor;2115306]Easily going to be one of your best investments… :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yep I’ll have to agree 100% with soulsurvivor about it being a good investment one thing a
person should never, ever, do is buy a cheap wimpy power supply or skimp on the price. :disagree:
Like I always say[B] “you can never have to much power”[/B] :bigsmile: