Corsair New GS Series Released

vbimport

From what I have seen on benchmarks this is an incredible SSD, and the price is not bad either.

I have four Corsair RAM modules, one Corsair USB memory, two Corsair liquid CPU coolers so it’s a good time to add some Corsair PC cases and SSD drives. I like their bold colors and names.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2644595]I have four Corsair RAM modules, one Corsair USB memory, two Corsair liquid CPU coolers so it’s a good time to add some Corsair PC cases and SSD drives. I like their bold colors and names.[/QUOTE]
I like Corsair also Kenny, I use the Obsidian Series Cases only.:flower:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2644596]I like Corsair also Kenny, I use the Obsidian Series Cases only.:flower:[/QUOTE]

Obsidian and other expensive / high-end cases are cheapest in the US, sometimes half the prices in South Korea.

I paid about US$160 for my Corsair H100 liquid cooler. Look at the price listed at the official Corsair website. South Korean VAT is 10%, so VAT alone cannot add $40. Its current South Korean retail price is around US$175.

If you seriously consider the value and cost of human labor, those things are sold at ridiculously low prices in the US. If I ask local engineers to build custom cases for my PC’s and ODD/SSD/HDD’s, a much inferior case would cost more than an Obsidian 800D to make.

But low-end cases are sometimes still cheaper here - cheaper than a typical Corsair fan - because ‘handling fee’ - the kind of fees Amazon.com always seems to add even for one copy of massmarket paperback book - is usually disregarded and most orders take place within 100km of shipping distance.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2644641]Obsidian and other expensive / high-end cases are cheapest in the US, sometimes half the prices in South Korea.

I paid about US$160 for my Corsair H100 liquid cooler. Look at the price listed at the official Corsair website. South Korean VAT is 10%, so VAT alone cannot add $40. Its current South Korean retail price is around US$175.

If you seriously consider the value and cost of human labor, those things are sold at ridiculously low prices in the US. If I ask local engineers to build custom cases for my PC’s and ODD/SSD/HDD’s, a much inferior case would cost more than an Obsidian 800D to make.

But low-end cases are sometimes still cheaper here - cheaper than a typical Corsair fan - because ‘handling fee’ - the kind of fees Amazon.com always seems to add even for one copy of massmarket paperback book - is usually disregarded and most orders take place within 100km of shipping distance.[/QUOTE]
I have both , the 800D, I paid 249.00USD and the 650D ( 3 of them) that I paid 129.00USD on sale Amazon. I am extemely happy with all of them, solid build and so easy to work in. I am sure you know them well Kenny.

Okay here is the deal on these new GS series SSDs from Corsair.

1. They are available in 4 sizes 180 gb - 174.99
    240 gb - 219.00
    360 gb - 319.00
    480 gb - 449.00
  2. They are fast, very fast, they
    use toggle nand and a Sandforce (LSI) controller.