Corrupted files or something else?

vbimport

Hey everyone

so i built my own pc a few months ago and it was running everything great fastest pc i have ever had and when i tried installing a game something screwed up and it blue screened me no big deal i thought i just rebooted and then deleted all of the games files after that i started getting this weird issue where after i power my pc up doing the boot process it would randomly reboot itself without me hitting anything itll do it for a couple of times then boot normally but whenever it does reboot itself theres a red light on my motherboard (no clue what it means) i was wondering if anyone knew if this would be a windows file or something corrupted by the program or a hardware issue my friend told me to reformat but now its doing it so i cant even get windows fully booted and if it helps or makes any difference when i could get my pc booted up to the desktop after a few trys restarting my pc would go fine its just if i power down and turn it back on the issue would happen if anyone has anything they can say to help me it would be appreciated a lot thanks :bigsmile: 

also sorry if my 1 paragraph is hard to read punctuation isn’t really my thing XD

When Window crash on booting there is an option to go to Lats Good Configuration, choose that it should work.
If you can get to Windows, than go to Accessories/ System Tool/ System Restore.
Restore to the point before you loaded your game.

Green Light usually means power.
Red light usually means HDD usage.

Sounds like your Game is infected with some sort of access-handle hacking copy protection, or is a pirate version with a virus, either of which is thrashing your HDD, or at least fubaring it.

System restore would be the best option to see if it fixes it.

After the bios screen (but before windows starts loading, press F8 & choose safe mode->
Safe mode will ask you if you want to use system restore, or continue using safe mode. You want system restore.

After that, it’s simple -> just pick a day (in bold) before you installed the game.

[quote=Kitsune;2154590]Hey everyone

so i built my own pc a few months ago and it was running everything great fastest pc i have ever had and when i tried installing a game something screwed up and it blue screened me no big deal i thought i just rebooted and then deleted all of the games files after that i started getting this weird issue where after i power my pc up doing the boot process it would randomly reboot itself without me hitting anything itll do it for a couple of times then boot normally but whenever it does reboot itself theres a red light on my motherboard (no clue what it means) i was wondering if anyone knew if this would be a windows file or something corrupted by the program or a hardware issue my friend told me to reformat but now its doing it so i cant even get windows fully booted and if it helps or makes any difference when i could get my pc booted up to the desktop after a few trys restarting my pc would go fine its just if i power down and turn it back on the issue would happen if anyone has anything they can say to help me it would be appreciated a lot thanks :bigsmile: 

also sorry if my 1 paragraph is hard to read punctuation isn’t really my thing XD[/quote]What size power supply did you put in? It sounds like you are not getting enough power. You want at very least a 450w PSU.

[quote=debro;2154851]Green Light usually means power.
Red light usually means HDD usage.
[/quote]
The green light on the motherboard has absolutely nothing to do with the HDD :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=slayerking;2154916]What size power supply did you put in? It sounds like you are not getting enough power. You want at very least a 450w PSU.

The green light on the motherboard has absolutely nothing to do with the HDD :p[/QUOTE]

FSP Group Blue Storm II 500W ATX 2.2 SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply

that would be my power supply

ok so this has turned out to be a hardware issue since i reformatted last night and the problem remains the red light is actually my video card and i suspect my power supply to be the issue right now since in the middle of the night my pc started to boot itself for a couple of seconds then stopped on its own while i was asleep

I’ve got the same PSU in one of my machines, had it about a year. Running smooth as silk. But then it’s not that beefy a rig, and the most I ever do is converting video files.

What are the specs of your PC?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2155510]I’ve got the same PSU in one of my machines, had it about a year. Running smooth as silk. But then it’s not that beefy a rig, and the most I ever do is converting video files.

What are the specs of your PC?[/QUOTE]

in my rig im using

Seagate Barracuda ES ST3250620NS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5 - Retail

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F - OEM

AMD Phenom 9750 2.4GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HD9750XAGHBOX - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor AMD Motherboard - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100244L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

FSP Group Blue Storm II 500W ATX 2.2 SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

and the case if that makes a difference :stuck_out_tongue:

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail