Corrupted data after burn with 716A

vbimport

You know what you are right and I am wrong. Yes it worked for me and might not for the next person. Doubt very much that the person who built the program including a Windows version would build it knowing it’s useless.

=Pluri How do you run this memtest utility?
How does it work? Do you run in windows? What to choose? ISO, floppy, zip?
Thanks.

I was thinking he could start there and if issues arise then he would have to dig deeper IE floppy version so I gave him the easeist way.

@Lord Voldemort. BTW the above post was meant to be sarcastic but it kind of came accross that way.:slight_smile:

lord voldemorth and pwhodges,

I’ve been and currently still am busy with finals. This will last another week or so. I will get back, after I have done the memory test. In the meanwhile, thanks to both of you for replying!!! :wink:

Note that the Windows “MemTest” referenced above is a completely different program from Memtest86 or Memtest86+, and the author acknowledges that it is not a complete test (there is a pay-for Pro version that does a bit more, but it’s still not worth it, and you have to pay by snail-mail and wait for a floppy to arrive anyway!).

The bee’s knees is Memtest86 or Memtest86+ (this is a modified version of Memtest86 that detects more cpus and chipsets correctly, but does the same tests). In either case you make a floppy or CD image (use a known-good machine, of course!) and boot it to run the test (note, this is not a DOS program - it is running on the bare metal of the machine).

Microsoft also make a memory diagnostic that runs from a bootable floppy or CD - you can get it from here. Not a bad idea, as more different diagnostics give a better chance of finding problems.

Paul

PS - good luck with the finals!

I understood that it was meant sarcastically, and I think I won’t comment it.

RAM stability under Memtest(86) and the Windows version of Memtest can differ completely…ideally it’s best to test your RAM with both.