Corrupt eeprom, no backup

vbimport

So I accidentally erased my liteon dvd burner instead of my xbox liteon’s drive and now its left my burner’s light flashing, wont read.Its a ihap 422 9.Would a eeprom file fix this problem?If so could someone point me in the direction of how to acquire it?Thanks

[QUOTE=Gary2oo5;2513832]So I accidentally erased my liteon dvd burner instead of my xbox liteon’s drive and now its left my burner’s light flashing, wont read.Its a ihap 422 9.Would a eeprom file fix this problem?If so could someone point me in the direction of how to acquire it?Thanks[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there isn’t a 1 eeprom file that will fit all drives, :disagree: each drives eeprom is a little
bit different than say another identical drives eeprom that is why it should always be backed up
and saved someplace safe, just in case of a scenario like this. :doh:

Hey Gary2oo5 and welcome to MyCE.
EEPROMs contain factory calibration data that is unique for each and every drive. You might try to obtain an EEPROM from another LiteOn iHAP422, but nobody can make sure it will match your device. It is possible that its reading and burning performance will become bad.

So I accidentally erased my liteon dvd burner instead of my xbox liteon’s drive and now its left my burner’s light flashing

Can you tell us exactly what you’ve done? You can’t just erase the EEPROM of a drive … are you sure that the problem its the EEPROM rather than the firmware?

If you used the EEPROM utility and flashed the wrong EEPROM to your LiteON burner … then yes, you’ll need a new EEPROM file …

BUT

If you used the Flash Utility and flashed the wrong firmware to your LiteON burner … then you don’t need another EEPROM, what you need is to flash your unit back with a fresh copy of the iHAP422 9 firmware and that should cure it…

I did a liteon erase with jungle flasher, I was modding my friends xbox which had a liteon drive in it.Ive tried about 10 different firmware flashes and all they did was make it detectable in my bios and instead of the light staying solid, it flashes…and the tray ejects and closes now.When I use the eeprom utiltiy and try to upgrade drive or convert it tells me that my eeprom is invalid

Sounds to me like the drive has now been officially bricked and will make a
really good paper weight. :doh:

no worries, I gotta new drive on the way from newegg…this drive only cost me like 30 bucks so no biggie.Thanks for the comments

[QUOTE=Gary2oo5;2514525]no worries, I gotta new drive on the way from newegg…this drive only cost me like 30 bucks so no biggie.Thanks for the comments[/QUOTE]

If it is another Liteon or Liteon clone [B]PLEASE [/B]make sure you back up the eeprom and FW the first
thing as quick as it is installed and store them someplace safe. :iagree:

nah, no more cheapo liteons for me…got a good deal on a lg blu ray burner/ everything…
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136181

Can someone with this drive dump their eeprom and send it to me?At least it should still be good for reading cds and such…thanks

lol i’ve done exactly the same with my lite-on SWH 1536S does any1 have an eeprom file i could use please or any other help would be gratefully accepted
thanx in advance
Larz

Sorry to say, No. Eeprom data was individually calibrated for every single drive at that time (btw, far ago in our World).

But then be patiance, this forum actually started once upon a time when members were bussy changing their software cracks. By time you`ll for sure get a post from one of the kamikazis from the old times.
To be serious, get a new burner. 30 Euro is not that much money. And CodeGuys are no more around! Get what ever is cheapest.

/karl

thanx pinto :slight_smile: