Corrupt CD - can't open movie file

vbimport

Hi,

A few months ago I made a movie with a friend of mine. I burned it on a CD, but I forgot to backup it. I burned it with Nero, as a moviefile, so I can play it on a dvd-player. Now i tried to play it, but my DVD-player gave a error. I opened it on my PC, but the movie was corrupt, there were lines through it. Now I want to recover it, but I don’t know what to do. I buyed inDisc recovery, but it only recovers data.

Anyone know what I could do?:confused:
Thanks for helping me.

You might try the free version of ISOBuster, but no guarantees on recovering anything without corruption of the video.

[QUOTE=Skonning;2008155]Hi,

A few months ago I made a movie with a friend of mine. I burned it on a CD, but I forgot to backup it. I burned it with Nero, as a moviefile, so I can play it on a dvd-player. Now i tried to play it, but my DVD-player gave a error. I opened it on my PC, but the movie was corrupt, there were lines through it. Now I want to recover it, but I don’t know what to do. I buyed inDisc recovery, but it only recovers data.

Anyone know what I could do?:confused:
Thanks for helping me.[/QUOTE]

Download VLC media player and see if the program can play your movie. If you CD is damaged or scratched beyond repair or recovery you going to have to find the source if you have it saved somewhere. Also what do you mean ““opened it on my PC, but the movie was corrupt, there were lines throught it.”” That line is a confusing line???

When I play the movie in windows media player it just plays it, but there are coloured lines moving around the screen, you only hear noise and it does’nt play smoothly. In vlc it’s the same. The CD itself looks good, no scratches or anything.