Correctly Burning MP3s to a DVD+RW

vbimport

I have a large collection (+80GB) of MP3’s and want to back them up to several DVD+RW. I want to use the RW because my main concern is storage, not listening to them on a MP3 Player. Also, I can delete defective files.

I’m currently using Nero 8. Is there a better program out there? What’s the best format to use? Should i create an MP3 disc or just use the data format?

Also, since this collection is going to span across several if not many discs what’s a good title format for the discs? i know in nero i can automate counters, date time and all that formatting.

Also, will i lose anything such as the album artwork or any ID3 tag information when i burn them to the DVD+RW?

I’m using the Sony DVD+RW (DPW47L2) if that helps

[QUOTE=C1ph3r;2066259]I’m currently using Nero 8. Is there a better program out there? What’s the best format to use? Should i create an MP3 disc or just use the data format?
[/QUOTE]
Your Nero should be fine. Actually there is no difference between data and “mp3” disc - when you choose a “Create MP3 disc”, Nero will just automatically convert other than mp3 files (WAV, WMA…) to mp3 format, the disc or data format is still the same as the format of common data disc.

Also, will i lose anything such as the album artwork or any ID3 tag information when i burn them to the DVD+RW?

No, if you will burn the media as Data discs, when you choose MP3 disc in Nero then other file types (pictures, txt files, playlists…) will be filtrated and not burned (if I remember correctly, I never used this feature in Nero).

Thanks for the help…I’m going to try burning one today

These won’t play on a standalone DVD player.You will have to play them with your computer.

So this is a non-issue :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2066495]So this is a non-issue :)[/QUOTE]
It probably is since C1ph3r is mainly concerned with storage.