I have just acquired a NEC2500a and have flashed it with the HP 1.27 firmware to have booktype setting support.
I now want to use DVDinfo pro for booktype setting and would like to know the correct way to do this.
Example : burning a DVD video with "DVD-ROM" booktype in Nero 126.96.36.199. Is the following correct ?
1) Launch DVDinfopro.
2) Choose "booktype DVD-ROM" option.
3) Click "Select Drive default DVD+R media".
4) Do NOT close DVDinfopro and launch Nero 188.8.131.52
5) Choose DVD video, etc... and tick booktype option.
I have additional questions :
1) Is it mandatory to leave DVDinfopro application running while burning with Nero, or is it possible to close it after having selected the booktype?
2) In DVDinfopro help, it is stated that "The change is sent to the drive immediately and verified by re-reading the settings from the drive and displaying it in the Current view area". Does that mean the booktype is written to Flash memory of the burner, and that this setting is kept, even after powering off the computer?
3) Is it recommended or not to tick the booktype option in Nero? I have read it is not recommended in Nero 6.
If it's not ticked, are DVDinfopro settings nonetheless applied (ie, DVD-ROM booktype is written)?
Thank you very much for your help.