I read that the results on RW leaves room for improvement on this drive.
I came to the following conclusions
- Quality score around 90 is to be expected on used media. Brand new ones get higher scores
- Full erase must be done at the lowest speed, namely 2.4X. Faster speed would result in PI/PIF in the order of 1000’s
- We can recover by formatting again at the lowest speed, ragaining quality score in the range of 90
Would you experts, die-hard enthusiasts, bored users help me confirm those rules and eventually answer these additional questions :
- Should we always use Quick erase instead of full erase ?
- When doing Quick erase should we choose the lowest speed or maximum speed will do ?
Following are two scans.
- 1rst is after a full erase at maximum speed
- 2nd is recovery of the same media after a full erase at 2.4X (same results are ontained either on Ricoh W11 or Verbaim A02)
Thanks for your comments and clarification.