CopytoDVD V3 Download Link

Just was perusing the VSO web site:

http://vso.nerim.net/

you can download copytodvd 3 here. Looks good. dunno how registration will work as there is no place to enter it. Any one else try it?

Once you registered CopytoDVD 2,
you just upgraded to CopytoDVD3,
notice it that copytodvd2 changed to copytodvd3,
and actually the release was for the end of march,
so use this one at own risk…!!

Yes just tried it, no way to register it.Its still not available for download at VSO official site .Gone back to older version for now.

yah…saw that too…wonder why it is there?

May be someone who works there decided to release it early?

Yes just tried it, no way to register it.Its still not available for download at VSO official site .Gone back to older version for now.

if you have registered copytodvd2,then copytodvd3 will be registered too… because i talked to VSO…

Let’s all wait till VSO gives the green light for the official CopyToDVD version 3 on their official site.
The address were the beta version was found is used by VSO to let testers download the different versions before letting it out to the public.
You may use the software at own risk!

When you install version 3 it copies right over ver 2 and appears as registered; however even if version 2 was registered you will see if you look in tools, then setting, then copytodvd settings that your version 3 is no longer registered.

VSO will send you a Registy Key which will register in your name if you are entitled to a free upgrade.

I had purchased version 2 a couple of years ago and like the product and especially version 3 so I purchased version 3 already and have received my new key and am now registered.

Originally posted by campman
[B]When you install version 3 it copies right over ver 2 and appears as registered; however even if version 2 was registered you will see if you look in tools, then setting, then copytodvd settings that your version 3 is no longer registered.

VSO will send you a Registy Key which will register in your name if you are entitled to a free upgrade.

I had purchased version 2 a couple of years ago and like the product and especially version 3 so I purchased version 3 already and have received my new key and am now registered. [/B]

I just got my new key and installed v3.0.3.9 on top of the old version 2. Worked like a charm and even migrated most of my old settings.

One BIG problem is that Nero’s CD-DVD Speed 's ScanDisc stopped working. Try to run it, and it just disappears from the screen. Since I rely on Nero’s ScanDisc to confirm a good burn, I installed version 3 on another PC and the exact same problem occurred.

Looks like I’ll be going back to version 2 for a while.

It works fine with dvd info pro which is the same only more information in one app.

Originally posted by kamikazee
It works fine with dvd info pro which is the same only more information in one app.

Agreed. However, DVD Info Pro seems to be a lot slower on my system than Nero’s scandisc.

It’s really irritating when I purchase 2 different software packages for different purposes, and one conflicts with components of the other. Verson 2 of CopyToDVD did not exhibit this flaw, where version 3 does.

:frowning:

hi,

could you contact us directly by email to check this problem.
the drivers used in latest version 2 and 3 and the same. only the registration process and the package content changed. so it should work.

Originally posted by lapinou
[B]hi,

could you contact us directly by email to check this problem.
the drivers used in latest version 2 and 3 and the same. only the registration process and the package content changed. so it should work. [/B]

My mistake. I picked up a virus yesterday shortly before installing v3. It was apparently the virus that knocked out Nero’s scandisc. Removed the virus this AM, and scandisc started working again - even after doing a burn in CopyToDVD.

Sorry.

:eek:

registration key i was sent does not work. merged it into registry but still get trial message when running even after reboot. is there someone i can email to fix this?

thanks

same as always support@vso-software.fr just include all your purchase information to include the email used at registration.

or better the technical support form to fit a guy speaking your language.

or better the technical support form to fit a guy speaking your language.