CopytoDVD need help. Cant read DVDs on other players

I seriously hope someone out there can assist me!
Hardware: Plextor 708A

Method: DVD Decryptor > DVD2One Variable full disk compression method > Burn software CopytoDVD ver 2.3.8

DVD Media: From eBay DVD Media Identifier
Yi Jhan 001
1x - 2x - 4x
DVD-R media
There is no branding on the DVD itself.

After rip and compression, able to view movie in excellent quality from HDD. Even later chapters work flawlessly.

I am trying to figure out if it is this media or the software. After I burned the DVD, the DVD plays good at the beginning on my DVD Player (not PS2) but when it gets further in, you start seeing pixels. Then you notice the audio / video not in synch. Then it just becoms unwatchable.

Media wont play in Playstation although my first dvd backup of my Sixth Sense played in the PS2.

I’m beginning to think its the software but I’m not sure. I’m using obviously crappy media but many people who bought from this seller have had no problems with the DVDs.

What should I try. I own Blindwrite 4.5.0.68, DVD X Copy XPress, Nero 6.0.0.19, Alcohol 1.4.6 Build 711 and Easy Cd Creator 6. Obviously some of these software programs may or may not be up to date (I know CopytoDVD is) because I don’t use them all regularly.

Please throw suggestions at me. I burned at max speed. Should it be due to that? Maybe burn at slow 1x and see how that goes?

BTW, the burned DVD-R plays fine in my DVD burner with Roxio’s DVDMax player. Anything used to play this media that is not on my computer has issues.

Ok, I just updated to 2.3.10 and burned Matrix Reloaded from my original at 2.4x. Although its better, it doesn’t tile and lag on sound til the very last chapter, it’s still having problems.

So, now more than ever, I think its the software. If it was the media, it would have messed up in the same places as before yet the video playback was way better up to the last chapter. Almost 30 minutes of extra good movie.

It still didnt play in my PS2 tho.

Anyone have suggestions as to the next software I should try?

Scott

If the burned DVD plays fine on your computer I would think that you have problems with compatability of the media with whatever else you are playing it on. Make sure that you try burning at the lowest speed also, see if that helps.
regards Ken

Originally posted by kenmax
If the burned DVD plays fine on your computer I would think that you have problems with compatability of the media with whatever else you are playing it on. Make sure that you try burning at the lowest speed also, see if that helps.
regards Ken

I think you are right. Just emailed the eBay seller for a refund. I bought 100 disks but they were shipped in 2 50 disc spindles. Hopefully I can recoup some of the money with this mistake I made in this purchase.

I just burned a DVD-Video with Nero 6 and again, the data verify failed on the later vob files which would go on the end of the disc. This NERO burn at 1x, the DVD wasnt playable in my computer. Another coaster.

The question remains, who can recommend high quality media for my Plex 708a?

Thanks for the help. It’s a very frustrating time for me.

Originally posted by scottdaman
[B]
The question remains, who can recommend high quality media for my Plex 708a?

Thanks for the help. It’s a very frustrating time for me. [/B]
Look here

Yes, I already have that in my bookmarks.
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/media_708.html

Now, many people absolutely LOVE Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media. Here’s the question, where, in the US, online or off, can I buy this media.

If I look up the part numbers in the list, I get UK sites and other non-US sites to purchase.

I even found some posts in this forum that recommend places that aren’t in the US and not USD.

If I can’t find this brand, is TDK a safe 2nd for my drive or would you recommend Mitsui?

Obviously I’ve read hundredsof posts here. :slight_smile:

I know little about individual or broad media issues as I only use Verbatim for everything. Sorry!

Originally posted by FutureProof
I know little about individual or broad media issues as I only use Verbatim for everything. Sorry!

cats out of the bag…you should read your sig. more often FP…hehe thanks for the tip though;)

Originally posted by scottdaman
[B]Yes, I already have that in my bookmarks.
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/media_708.html

Now, many people absolutely LOVE Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media. Here’s the question, where, in the US, online or off, can I buy this media.

If I look up the part numbers in the list, I get UK sites and other non-US sites to purchase.

I even found some posts in this forum that recommend places that aren’t in the US and not USD.

If I can’t find this brand, is TDK a safe 2nd for my drive or would you recommend Mitsui?

Obviously I’ve read hundredsof posts here. :slight_smile: [/B]

Im not impressed with TDK dvd or cd media that doesnt do well…i like verbatim and Maxell (maxell is real expensive).

Would that be Verbatim Data Life Plus? Did a search on the part number from the plextor compatibility list and got a lot of pages with Verbatim Data Life Plus.

Interesting, is Verbatim “Taiyo Yuden” media?

Think I’m finally getting somewhere!

Verbatim DataLifePlus superAZO is the media IMHO.

It’s made by Mitsubishi Chemical. The stuff I use comes out of Singapore and is kindly donated by Verbatim Australia (I’ve posted about this previously)

A Mitsubishi Chemical branded CD-R medium is just about the best media available but they’re a buck each here for CD-R. I haven’t seen any DVD recordables in Oz from Mitsu.

[B]Verbatim DataLifePlus superAZO is the media IMHO.

It’s made by Mitsubishi Chemical. The stuff I use comes out of Singapore and is kindly donated by Verbatim Australia (I’ve posted about this previously)

A Mitsubishi Chemical branded CD-R medium is just about the best media available but they’re a buck each here for CD-R. I haven’t seen any DVD recordables in Oz from Mitsu. [/B]

specifics please… whats the code in the ring?

crap i just have datalife…not sure if we can get the plus here in the states…

Verbatim 52x DLP superAZO

A3F08J20061876

Verbatim 48x DLP superAZO

A2K30J1094471

Verbatim 24x DLP superAZO

W190355048543

[B]Verbatim 52x DLP superAZO

A3F08J20061876

Verbatim 48x DLP superAZO

A2K30J1094471

Verbatim 24x DLP superAZO

W190355048543 [/B]

is there a website where i can get this media?
thanks…:bow:

Sorry, personal shopping is not my forte :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, personal shopping is not my forte :stuck_out_tongue:

you should get out more:p

i found them for 40cents american each…in my home town hehe…

microcenter is based in Columbus, OHIO

link if your interested not sure on exchange rate
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0144236

ohhh 52x certified for 50 cents each US!
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0149441

think ill pickup the 52x tommorow…its good to live in the states…lol

Originally posted by Jamos

…its good to live in the states…lol

Mmmm, mine are all free: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+/- R and RW

I think I get about USD$100 worth of media every month :bigsmile:

[B]Mmmm, mine are all free: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+/- R and RW

I think I get about USD$100 worth of media every month :bigsmile: [/B]

where do i sign up? im already a admin on another site so im qualified…hehe

If you ever get overburdened with too much supply, I’ll take em off yer hands. LOL