CopytoDVD 3 VSO response

This is a response from VSO by email.

This is what I don’t understand. Why should I even have to do all of this. Is there a reason why they can’t make version 3 downloadable directly from the site? The problem I am having with this method of retrieval, is that I have changed email and ISPs since I purchased the program. I sent an email back to what I think is the correct email I bought the software under but thats no guarantee it will be it. I have the key to unlock the software saved on a disk but it is useless without the software. This is why I am frustrated.

I apologize publicly to Alan1476 for calling him a “moron”. Yes, it was out of line and violated forum rules. I am sorry and I hope that I didn’t give you a negative impression of who I am. You have my apologies.

Version 3 is available for download from the VSO site…

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

[quote=LOCOENG;2045641]Version 3 is available for download from the VSO site…

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/[/quote]
Thats not what he is looking for Locoeng, he is looking for CopytoDVDV3, almost 2 years old.

Yeah, I misread the OP…looking for version 3 as we speak.

I finally got a special link through email but here is the email of what went on.

My response:

Why should I buy software that does essentially the same thing from what I
have now? That is why I didn’t upgrade to version 4. There is no need to. I
am sorry but I don’t have a endless supply of money at hand to keep
upgrading everytime you feel the need for a version change.

As far as piracy is concerned, maybe you should start going the way of Valve

Corp. and Microsoft with their online validation techniques. Valve uses
Steam to determine account validity while Microsoft uses Genuine Advantage.
One account to one user is the name of the game. Let the pirates get ahold
of your software. When they try to validate it through your website, you
would know if that key is being used by more than one individual and can
reject it. Now the pirates will always find a way but this technique seems
to be working better than those of the past or else those companies would of

scrapped the idea long ago.

A main goal of Capitalism, is to keep the customer happy. Yes, you did
respond in a timely manner; however, I had to go through all of this just to

get a program that I rightfully purchased. I went to your website and spent
alot of time searching for the download link which was on there in the past.

And then, I submitted a request and found out that the email I purchased the

software under wasnt the one I am using now. Next, I submitted a claim to
you so I could get this program link. You sent me an email back claiming
that was a bad email. I sent another back with the correct email. And
finally, after all of this, I get the link for the download.

Tim

Shaolin007, Maybe you should have saved the original software and key in a safe place. Then this problem would have never happened in the first place. Take some responsibility. And hopefully you did this time.

For one, I do have the key. It is on a DVD R .Two, they had the software on the website for the longest time. And three, the only reason they said they took it down, was that, it was the result of piracy and not age.

Also, why can’t they keep the software download on their website in the first place? It is not like they had so many versions that it would inundate the web page. For heaven’s sake, I can still download the driver for my old HP 832C Deskjet printer from HPs website. It is over 6 years old! And Monday morning quaterbacking the situation is easy enough to do from your standpoint. I could say that to anyone including yourself, the “should of could of” mantra.

And by the way, I do back up my software frequently. It was just a fluke that this program wasn’t.

If your that unhappy ditch the app and get something else. Life is to short for this.

No-one can help you here. Deal with VSO.

[QUOTE=shaolin007;2046881]For one, I do have the key. It is on a DVD R .Two, they had the software on the website for the longest time. And three, the only reason they said they took it down, was that, it was the result of piracy and not age.

Also, why can’t they keep the software download on their website in the first place? It is not like they had so many versions that it would inundate the web page. For heaven’s sake, I can still download the driver for my old HP 832C Deskjet printer from HPs website. It is over 6 years old! And Monday morning quaterbacking the situation is easy enough to do from your standpoint. I could say that to anyone including yourself, the “should of could of” mantra.

And by the way, I do back up my software frequently. It was just a fluke that this program wasn’t.[/QUOTE]

No Monday morning QB here, backed up safely every bit of software I have since day 1. Just thought that the apps provider might go belly up some day because of people to cheap to pay for new/upgrade versions. I wanted to atleast have a working version of what I bought anytime I needed it. So as I said before take some responsibility for your hard to come by purchases. VSO is not HP by the way.:bigsmile:

[B][I]"If your that unhappy ditch the app and get something else. Life is to short for this.

No-one can help you here. Deal with VSO. "[/I][/B]

The application works fine for my needs; however, future purchases from VSO, are another question. I didn’t ask for help but thought I would let everyone know what was going on.

[B][I]@~Jethro~[/I][/B]

Ohh trust me, I will be backing it up.

Are you refering to the pirates who are too cheap to pay for software or me? If you are talking about me, I didn’t buy their upgrade because it did essentially the same thing I have now. To me, that is wasting money.

Take a look at Imgburn…free program, free support, free lifetime upgrades. Doesn’t get much better and I believe it will do just about everything CopytoDVD will do.

Will do thanks.

ImgBurn has become all i use. The last two updates solidified it’s place as my primary burn engine.

You may want to give it a look, as suggested.

Wait til the next release…drop zone icon that sits where you want on top of everything and you can drag and drop files into it for burning all day long.

All the more reason to stick with ImgBurn.

That’ll be a nice little add-on.

what was the point to copy past the reply from VSO ? would you like to have your direct email exposed to the spam engine ? your phone number too ?

Nothing I posted was not already public. Matter of fact, your site gives more information than I could ever give.

http://www.vso-software.fr/contact.php

And in your signature, you have the exact same email that I posted.

VSO Executive Staff
http://www.vso-software.fr
http://www.photoonweb.com
Official VSO forum

MSN : Fabrice_meuwissen@hotmail.com

So with that being known -public- already, why are you accusing me of doing it when it is obvious it is public?

The contact info isn’t the point, it’s probably the information contained within the correspondance that was on a personal level and now is public for all to see.

No, thats not what he said.

"would you like to have your direct email exposed to the spam engine ? your phone number too ? "

That is what he said. And nowhere in the email did it say, “This is a private message. Please do not post publicly.” Besides, I think you are missing the point of my post and just being abrasive.

Abrasive? Hardly…I’ll unsubscribe. Good luck.