Copyrighted vhs

vbimport

Hi! I have a zenith dvd rcorder/video cassette recorder model XBR716. I went to record my vhs tapes onto a dvd and it says that it can’t due to copyright. Is there a way to get around this. Didnt there used to be a way to do something to the tape to make it so that it couldn’t tell it was copyrighted?? Please help

I am assuming you are the owner of an original VHS tape you want to make a backup copy of.There are video capture cards that would let you capture it form your VCR to the HD.Then you would have to convert the files to a DVD file format.Then burn that to a DVD disc.
This would be a better way for some.You need another settop DVD recorder or a VHS player .Then purchase the product below.Put it in between your VHS player & DVD recorder.
http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html
Sorry no easy way

Sounds like whatever software or recorder that he is using to copy the VHS tape has code which detects analog macrovision, and will not allow recording if that code detects a macrovision signature in the analog video signal.

Look for software or hardware that has a time base correction function to remove the analog Macrovision signal (keep in mind this will also remove closed captions).

AnyDVD will do nothing for analog Macrovision in a video signal… it only turns off the Macrovision flag in a DVD’s .IFO file, which if turned on, will cause the DVD player to insert analog Macrovision in the analog video outputs.

Most settops have Macrovision newer ones to the extreme.That is the reason she needs at least a VHS player to conect to the Dimax Grex which removes the Macrovision signal before it gets to the DVD recorder.
The dual unit she has has the Macrovision chip inside so there is no way to bypass it internally .
Still unless they are rare movies only available on VHS so you have no choice.The quality is going to be less than DVD quality no matter how you make the backup copy.

[QUOTE=Jaclyn_Phillips;2024668]Hi! I have a zenith dvd rcorder/video cassette recorder model XBR716. I went to record my vhs tapes onto a dvd and it says that it can’t due to copyright. Is there a way to get around this. Didnt there used to be a way to do something to the tape to make it so that it couldn’t tell it was copyrighted?? Please help[/QUOTE]

Have you search to see if the movie itself has been released to DVD yet?? As other said that requires some equipment to get going and the quality won’t be up to DVD viewing and might be worse depending on the condition of the VHS itself…