Copyright for private use (referring to the last post of my other thread)

Copyright protected material should not be available for free on YouTube. Moreover, the software I used for it was purchased legally, and not through some doubtful sites.

The movies are older than 50 years, and therefore should be out of copyright protection, anyway.

Download and copying for private use is allowed, and I am not intending to start a business. You are indeed allowd to burn 4 copies of each CD, DVD for private use without violating any laws. You are only not allowed to sell them or give them to other people.

Copyright protected material should not be available for free on YouTube.

Should not, but often is.

The movies are older than 50 years, and therefore should be out of copyright protection, anyway.

Mickey Mouse…still copyright protected…first appearance 1928

I personally don’t care what you download…it is none of my concern. But the rules of [B]this[/B] forum do not allow us to discuss copyright protected materials that have been downloaded from the net without permission of the copyright owners.

If you wish to continue this discussion, send me a personal message.

Yes, because the Mickey Mouse character was used also after 1928, but there was no appearance of the characters in “my” movies after the years they were produced.

However, the problem I have is not the kind of movie, but the quality differences between DVD and VCD which are valid for ALL KINDS of movies whether professionally made or not, copyright protected or not.

Anyway, I have gotten a good reply on my post here and also posted on the forum of DVDFlick who will most likely be able to help me, because they developed the software I used.

By the way, I am professional musician and work for a broadcasting station; I hope YOU buy all the music you own and do not do things like copying your friends CDs or downloading music from the net …

Appearances afterward have nothing to do with it.

If you can provide proof that “your” movies are no longer copyright protected, I’ll be happy to open up your thread again.