Copying whole DVD to HD as ISO

vbimport

Hey,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask in, if not, please direct me to the right place.

Any how, I have a very important sentimental DVD that i want to back up, but not to burn that to another CD, i want to copy (Rip) the whole DVD, without compression, to my HD, an ISO so i can burn it any other time to a DVD-r.

I want a recommendation to a software that can do that. If i backup my dvd to another DVD disc it might get damagded with time and the CD it self might ruin. So the best way it to backup as ISO and burn it in time as needed.

I want a 100% perfect ripping, no lost of quality cuz of compression, i want all menu’s titles and subtitles…

Please! Can someone recommend me on a good program that can do that, i will buy it if needed.

Tnx:)

Provided that your DVD is not a copy-protected DVD, i.e. a commercial game or movie disc, then you can use the free ImgBurn to copy the DVD as an ISO file to your harddrive, and you can use the same program to burn to another DVD - provided the source DVD isn’t bigger in size than the target DVD.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

thank you very much, but this freeware are any good? usually freeware arent that good.
can you recommand me on another software, i’ll buy if needed.

thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=Adun22;2469949]thank you very much, but this freeware are any good? usually freeware arent that good.[/QUOTE] I beg to differ. Some of the best software in the world is freeware, and I count ImgBurn as one of them.

can you recommand me on another software, i’ll buy if needed.
I could mention some commercial software that would get the job done, as well as fill up your harddrive with gigabytes of stuff you probably would never use, and that would cost you some money… but I wouldn’t [U]recommend[/U] Nero or Roxio for this purpose.

If you need to spend the money, get ImgBurn for free and then donate some money to the author of that program.

If you need to copy DVDs that are copy-protected, you need other software. For DVD Video (e.g. commercial movies) there is DVDFab and AnyDVD as well as other choices; I can’t recommend one specific program, as I don’t use any of them myself.

Ok, but i want to know one thing…

The software ImgBurn will reduce the video quality when ripping the DVD to the HD cause of compressing?

No, ImgBurn will make a 1:1 copy of the disc changing nothing.

Another vote of confidence for ImgBurn. It will do this task very well.

It is my primary burning program. I don’t even consider commercial burning programs anymore.