Copying ut 2003

Hi,
Im trying to backup my copy of ut 2003, like nearly everyone else here im having no luck. Looking through some threads it seems like most people can make an installable backup but it still doesnt work with the game. What settings did you use to acheive this, my copies won’t work at all the cds barely read.
Thanks

Here is what I have used:

Reading The Disk:

Reader :

Liteon LTD-165H fw. CH0N

CCD Settings :

Data Read Setting :

• Read speed: 8X

• Read Subchannel from Data from Data Tracks Checked

• Regenerate Data Sectors

Audio Read Settings:

• Read Speed Audio 4X

• Audio Extraction Quality Medium (Fast)

• Read Subchannel Data From Audio Tracks Checked

• Only Read First Session NOT Checked

• FES NONE

• IBSS NONE

Writing the Disk:

• Writer LTR-4812W

• Wrte Method : RAW DAO

• Perform Power Laser Caliberation

Write Settings :

Only checked Always close the last session

Write Speed 8X

Medium Used : RICOH 700MB 32X Type 80

Method of Writing: On The Fly

Hier die Quelle = http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50407

At the moment secureROM 4.xx (what UT 2003 is) is uncopyable, maybe in the future this will change but untill then, it is pretty much impossible to copy

Originally posted by Khaine
At the moment secureROM 4.xx (what UT 2003 is) is uncopyable, maybe in the future this will change but untill then, it is pretty much impossible to copy

I know you can’t make a perfect copy yet, but everyone seems to beable to make an installable one which will do me for now.

I just tried imaging the cd with my new liteon 165h dvd drive instead of my liteon 24102B writer and the copy installs but you can’t play the game without the crack. Perhaps this means that the securom protection is somehow reader related?

P.S How many of the cds are protected, because I couldn’t copy all three the other day (just gave me bad cds) I tried using nero aswell with the same results. I’ll try doing it again with my dvd drive, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

I can now verify that it’s some how related to your reader, having retryed copying the first cd using my liteon 24102B to image and write the cd.

The cd is totally useless (lucking im using cd rw), like the others I’ve made it barely registers in the drive. However, if I use my new dvd drive to read the original (using the same settings) it’s fine.

A strange problem though, because if I mounted the images made with my writer in daemon tools they worked fine…