Copying UNREAL 2

Hi there, I have read various articles about not being able to copy this new protection. But surely you can use clonecd to burn the game and then use a patch from say [Using patches to play copy protected games without the original cd is illegal … philamber ] and then play it??? Also what is the most uptodate software that we can use for checking for all of these new protections…

Please can someone help… many thanks

:bow:

Also has anyone had various errors such as protection faults ??? are these bugs in the game ???

i suggest doin a search - this topic is everywhere :slight_smile:

Use Blindwrite.

You can use Alcohol 120% with RMPS emulation. Follow this walkthrough

RMPS will work for sure
only minor is that you need a RMPS emulation program in the background (alcohol or demon)

blindwrite does the same as twinpeaks, burn two identical secors to imitate the time gap.
advantage is that you dont need emulation running in the background. disadvantage is that not all drives read those twinsectors. so you may not be able to install from your back-up, or play at all

I prefer the CloneCD/Twinpeak method myself. :wink:

I backed up my copy of Unreal 2 with that method and I was able to produce a copy that I could install and play from. :slight_smile:

Your results may vary…

~Hitman4life

Originally posted by Hitman4life
[B]I prefer the CloneCD/Twinpeak method myself. :wink:

I backed up my copy of Unreal 2 with that method and I was able to produce a copy that I could install and play from. :slight_smile:

Your results may vary…

~Hitman4life [/B]

aye. i’ve used this method too. :slight_smile:

i had problems …couldnt get a working play disc…the game wouldnt install …would hang at 46%…

so i made three copies…install disc…install disc #2 and then the play disc with blindwrites bwa…

works flawlessly…compliments to the Blinwrite team and Alcohol!!!