Copying to DVD speed

Hello All,
I also have this problem with the latest registered copy
of CLONEDVD. I’ve just backed up the Matrix Revolutions and
from start to finish the processing time took around 50 minutes
using CLONEDVD2. I used Ritek 4x media with the deep purple
surface. Just for fun i also used Nero Recode for comparison
and the whole process was just over 25 minutes. Is this a bug
with the latest Clonedvd?. My writer is LITEON 811s.
Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

It can’t be the version.
I’m using CDVD2 version 2.0.5.3.
As I understand it Smartburn on my Liteon would prevent the drive recording at more than 4x which is max for the drive and max for the Princos that I am using.
So that means when I set it to Max in CDVD2 I am getting 4x - at least the burn time of around 15mins supports that.
However, when I set it to 4x it takes around 30 mins which means it is burning at 2x?

Originally posted by Revhead

As I understand it Smartburn on my Liteon would prevent the drive recording at more than 4x
What stops you from disabling it ?

Nero > Recorder > Choose Recorder > Options > SB

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]What stops you from disabling it ?

Nero > Recorder > Choose Recorder > Options > SB [/B]

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean?

Originally posted by Revhead
It can’t be the version.
I’m using CDVD2 version 2.0.5.3.
As I understand it Smartburn on my Liteon would prevent the drive recording at more than 4x which is max for the drive and max for the Princos that I am using.
So that means when I set it to Max in CDVD2 I am getting 4x - at least the burn time of around 15mins supports that.
However, when I set it to 4x it takes around 30 mins which means it is burning at 2x?

Looks like it. Can you try to set the speed to 8x in CloneDVD2? Does it record with 4x now?

Originally posted by Olli
Looks like it. Can you try to set the speed to 8x in CloneDVD2? Does it record with 4x now?

I’ll get back to you on that one

Okay. I just tried it at 8x with Smartburn enabled.
It took 12mins and 16sec to burn, however I might add this was only a short backup - 3.7G ISO.
Still looks like it is burning at 4x though?
To do it properly I would need to do a full length movie burning with both methods then comparing the times.

Just adding some info to the trend:

I have the Plextor 708A(rev. 1.06)
I use TDK 4X +R and I normally burn @ 8x with about 8min burn time
I noticed the times have gone up on backing up my movies, I don’t back up enough to really care about 3 or 4 min. of extra time.

I had already copied a backup to hard drive and choose “Write Existing Data”
Source DVD movies file > Output Method and with Speed set to Maximum or 8X
Times of burn were 11:58 for a 4.22GB.

Not sure if this help or not, just adding to help if possible.

Originally posted by HAMP

I use TDK 4X +R and I normally burn @ 8x with about 8min burn time

Would you please post the TDK ADIP here.

Hey BoSkin, when you say TDK ADIP, I am guessing you are talking about

                        Media Information                            

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNR01
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Linear Density Blank Disc
Track Density Unknown
Number of Layers 1

HAMP,

Yes, thank you very much ! I thought as much that was Ricoh. :slight_smile:

Are you saying because they are Ricoh thats the reason for the slow burn?

Originally posted by HAMP

Are you saying because they are Ricoh thats the reason for the slow burn?
No, I meant yours were Ricoh w the ability to be burnt @8x,
and mine mentioned in this thread were RiTEK & MCC.
Guess I just need to test more media, because there’s nothing wrong w the drive itself.

slightly off topic but ok;

my cheap princo’s (1x-4X) never burned on 4x speed…till you guys started to talk about putting the write speed to 8x.
I thought you were crazy…lo…because the drive is only 4x.
But ok

I tried dvddecrypter to burn an iso on 8x…and it actually burned the princo’s on 4 speed. 13 minutes it took approx

Not i need to try it asap with clonedvd

ty

damian

I have a liteon 851s with GS0C firmware and use Ritek G04s dvd-rs. When I copy with CloneDVD and use max speed (which is 4x for dvd-rs) it will take ~15-16 mins to burn. When I change the speed to 4x instead of max, it will take 30 mins?? to burn. Why the discrepancy?

Originally posted by ingenue007
I have a liteon 851s with GS0C firmware and use Ritek G04s dvd-rs. When I copy with CloneDVD and use max speed (which is 4x for dvd-rs) it will take ~15-16 mins to burn. When I change the speed to 4x instead of max, it will take 30 mins?? to burn. Why the discrepancy?

There is a “speed problem” in CloneDVD, to be fixed in a future release. Leave the setting to max (which actually means “automatic”) whenever possible.