Copying the movie Hackers

vbimport

I am having trouble backing up the movie Hackers. I tried copying it with AnyDVD and CloneDVD current versions. The movie plays once on my DVD player and then next time I go to play it, it says the disk cannot be played, check the disk. When I try to play the disk on my computer everything is fine. Does anyone know why this is happening? I don’t think it is bad media. I am using FUJI DVD +R 4.7GB discs.

Try checking your home dvd player here.

[B]DVD Player VCD,SVCD,CD-R/W,DVD±R/W Compatibility list[/B]

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Sounds like a compatibility issue, if your burner supports book typing (bit setting ) change the DvD+R to DvD-Rom.

:cool: :cool:

How would I change the bit setting on a Sony DRU-720a?

Try using a DvD-R and see if this fixes your problem first.

The Sony 720A is a rebadged liteon according to the Codeguys. For +R or +RW media you can set the booktype using LiteOn’s Booktype135. You insert the + media in the burner, run booktype135.exe, the + media will show its presnt type, select DVD-ROM in the drop down box and click change. it will say changed successfully. Now don’t close the program, minimize it and then do your burn. It will be booktyped to DVD-ROM when done. You can save the setting to DVD-ROM in the program so every time you click change it will set it to DVD-ROM. You have to run the program every time you put a new DVD in.

This is only a simple solution.

Should I use the same firmware that is inside JY02 or upgrade to JY07? I just read your latest post. Can something go wrong?

It should work with both firmwares also it wouldn’t be bad to update to the latest firmware. But it could also be a media problem, maybe you’ve the Fuji branded Riteks.

Thanks for your feedback. So should I use the JS02 like they stated during the discussion or should I use the latest version of it? And do I patch the .exe with omnipatcher or the .bin?

Sorry I was in the process of editing the previous post. As stated above, this is a simple solution, with out trying to make things complicated. I myself have never crossflashed a drive. I think that I would update to the latest firmware and use the simple utility. I myself use a Sony Dru-800a and it already defaults +media to DvD-Rom.

So the JS0D would work after I patch it with omnipatcher?

My copy didn’t work at all. :frowning: Any other ideas? Other movies work fine especially the DVD+R DL.

There are two programs that I know of that will booktype. They are Nero and DVD Decrypter.

Nero doesn’t support my burner as far as booktyping goes, so I use DVD Decrypter.

It’s dead easy with that. Use a DVD+R disc, booktype it to DVD-ROM (in the prog) and it should play in (almost) anything.

Good Luck.

I just tried doing a back up on the movie on a Verbatim DVD+R-DL. It didn’t work. Does it matter that I edited out the previews and warnings? What am I doing wrong?

I have no experience of dual layer. Do you need to use DL media?

Have you tried DVD Shrink to reduce the size to a 4.7Gb disc, then burn as a DVD-ROM with Nero or DVD Decrypter?

The movie fits on a DVD+R. I was only trying the Dual Layer to see if it was the media, evidently not. I did try changing the bit setting on Nero. It didn’t work. Does it matter that I edited out the warnings and the previews. This is getting expensive. I already tried 5 times. All the copies work on my computer.

I had no problem backing this movie up with a simple ISO Read and ISO Write in DVD Decrypter.

So it must be on my end, but what am I doing wrong? Do I have to worry about changing the book type because DVD Decryptor doesn’t have my model on it. I changed back to the Sony firmware(latest).

The answer is yes if your home dvd player does not support + media. I have a suggestion for ya so that this does not get costly. Buy a DvD+RW, and play with learning on how to booktype. If it screws up, erase and start over.

Using DvD Decrypter, Select booktype, use the liteon tab and select DVD+RW and change the new setting to be DvD-Rom. Remember that I told ya the Sony 720A is a rebadged liteon. This should work.

You can also try this

LiteOn’s Booktype135. You insert the + media in the burner, run booktype135.exe, the + media will show its presnt type,select DVD-ROM in the drop down box and click change. it will say changed successfully, Now don’t close the program, minimize it and then do your burn. It will be booktyped to DVD-ROM when done. You can save the setting to DVD-ROM in the program so every time you click change it will set it to DVD-ROM. You have to run the program every time you put a new DVD in.

Platinumsword there is a bit setting control in my Nero CD/DVD Speed. Should I use this instead? Will DVD-RW’s run on my player?

Also are Ritek R03 DVD+R bad media?

Yes DVD-RW’s should run on your player but you can not booktype - media. Ritek R03 DVD+R bad media, they are not the greatest. Most people will suggest using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

You can use it as well, aslong as you are burning with nero. Like I said Buy a DvD+RW and change it’s booktype to DvD-Rom, if it does not work, erase and start over.