Copying Speed

vbimport

I’m just getting acquainted with DVDFab 5.1.1.2. I could use some information to help me to better understand how it works. Processor is an Intel X86, 3.2GB with a GB of RAM.

I copied the Main Movie of a DVD to my HDD at a rate around 5 MB/s. When I tried to copy Full Disc of the same DVD it was at a rate of about 1 MB/s or less. I don’t know if this is normal or not.

Do double layer DVD’s copy at a slower rate than single layer? Likewise, is copying Full Disc slower than copying the Main Movie? How about cloning a double layer?

[QUOTE=rckowal;2183892]I’m just getting acquainted with DVDFab 5.1.1.2. I could use some information to help me to better understand how it works. Processor is an Intel X86, 3.2GB with a GB of RAM.

I copied the Main Movie of a DVD to my HDD at a rate around 5 MB/s. When I tried to copy Full Disc of the same DVD it was at a rate of about 1 MB/s or less. I don’t know if this is normal or not.

Do double layer DVD’s copy at a slower rate than single layer? Likewise, is copying Full Disc slower than copying the Main Movie? How about cloning a double layer?[/QUOTE]

Copying speed is usually directly related to the DMA setting. If it’s enabled, copying will proceed relatively quickly - if PIO is set, start your copy, go to bed, have a good nights sleep, and when you wake up, see how far along it is…

There are, of course, other factors, but this is the easiest to set (Common Settings - General)

Can’t comment on Clone, as I never use it…

O’C

:iagree:

yeah i would reset dma, if using IDE drives.

Thanks for the replies.

O’Canada - I enabled DMA so that’s not an issue. I was asking about one vs double layer speed but in the meantime found the answer else where.

Troy512 - I only use Verbatim media.

Myself I burn the Verbatim 16X +R DL at 6X with no problems and Verb’s SL +R’s at 12X with no problems