Copying software

ok i have an acer 4432 which i hear will not copy psx games successfully using clonecd, is this correct? if i can wat settings would i have to use?

secondly the other way to go is to patch the games right? so wat is the procedure for doing so wen using nero and cdrwin?
lastly wat is “firmware”? does it improve your performance of yr writer or wat??

Originally posted by lexstar
ok i have an acer 4432 which i hear will not copy psx games successfully using clonecd, is this correct? if i can wat settings would i have to use?
To copy protected PSX discs you need a reader and writer that can handle 96 bytes of SubChannel Data. The Acer’s can’t handle this data :frowning: The settings you would have used are:

READ

[ul][li]SubChannel Data from Data Tracks
[/li][li]SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks[/ul]WRITE
[/li][ul][li]Don’t Repair SubChannel Data[/ul][/li]> Originally posted by lexstar

secondly the other way to go is to patch the games right? so wat is the procedure for doing so wen using nero and cdrwin?
lastly wat is “firmware”? does it improve your performance of yr writer or wat??
Yes you now need to resort ot patches. You can find more info on this on www.megagames.com . It usually goes like this: create an image with CDRWin, download the patch (also from www.megagames.com) and patch the image (removing the protection). Write the image to a CD-R.

You can find an explanation of firmware here.

Nicely put, G@M3FR3@K

Originally posted by velocity3k
Nicely put, G@M3FR3@K
Thank you :smiley: