COpying securom two startup disks?

vbimport

I have copied both Unreal tournament and Vietcong with my litey 32x and as reader writer. I have 4.2.5 as my program with the 4.2.8 as BWA reader. The bwa was readat 4x and the image was read /wrote at 32x.

Howver I still need to make two copies one with the BWA file (to play) and one without (to install). Is this a hardware issue or do I need to enhance the sectors on writing or do I need to read/write the image more slowly?

It’s a hardware issue. Not all writers create good twinpeak copies, so you might need one copy with twinpeak and another one without. The latter one is required to install, as twinpeak copies are not always correctly readable.

OK where is a list of writer/readers that will do i t with one copy?
Ialso have a toshiba dvd reader as well

the most efficent way is to use AUTOPLAY…name that file the same as your image file…click autoplay in blindwrite and burn…a one hundred percent working copy in any drive that has the autoplay driver

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
the most efficent way is to use AUTOPLAY… snip …a one hundred percent working copy in any drive that has the autoplay driver

This is true, but many people do not like the idea of emulation, or having to use emulation software. Fortunately the protection manufacturers have not bothered to blacklist the emulation programs, like they have the hide [CD-R] media type programs and virtual drives - yet.

Originally posted by IamThebathroom
where is a list of writer/readers that will do it with one copy?

I don’t think such a list has been created, but from memory; Toshiba, Asus, Plextor can’t read a twinpeak corrected disk and thus require 2 disks, one uncorrected to install from and one corrected to play from. I can only speak from experience, and Lite-On seem OK [I have an LTD-163D] only needs the one.

Have you tried installing from the burner and playing from the Toshiba DVD? Many have said that some protections are tied to the installation drive, but I have never experienced this with games that I have played. I always install from my originals and use the backups to play from. On the occasions I have used a virtual drive to play from I’ve never had a problem with using the virtual drive to authenticate the disk image. Last game I treid that with was Splinter Cell [SD2.8].

“Have you tried installing from the burner and playing from the Toshiba DVD?”

Yes I attempted to install from the litey burner and still was no go. I have another dvd reader (off brand came with my compaq) that I could use to install with as opposed to my toshiba. Maybe I should just get the 4812s litey writer…that one seems to only need one copy

Originally posted by IamThebathroom
"I attempted to install from the litey burner and still was no go.

Does this mean the install failed…? If so then you have a bad disk.