Copying safedisc old (alt) with CloneCD and Blindwrite is very slow!

When I try to copy any Safedisc old game, it finds errors on the cd which is normal, but goes very slow. This doesn’t happen on either of my friends drives which are older than mine. I thought it might have been the program, so after trying clonecd I used Blindwrite with the same results. CloneCD automatically starts fast error skip, but it is still very slow (sometimes 8kb per second).
I am about to toss by computer out the window since it is brand new and worth a lot of money.
PLEASE, SOMEONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM!

my drives are:

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer:
Product: DVD-ROM
Revision: 1.07
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: Yes
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer: ATAPI
Product: CD-RW 48X16
Revision: A.QZ
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: No
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

Sorry mate but you still havent provided info about the manufacturer of your drives (this field remains blank).

You should know though that different drives correspond in different ways where “bad” sectors are concerned, this has usually nothing to do with whether your pc is old or not.

Please state the manufacturer of your dvd and cdrw drives and their firmware.

Hi

Have you tried reading from your writer, i had th same probs. trying to read from my sony rom then write to plextor writer was really slow, so i slapped it in my writer and was a lot quicker.
it makes a image file first on your hardrive then asks you to put a blank in the writer.

dont no if this will help.

forest…

Old safedisc versions have between 800 and 2,350 bad sectors in the first 10,200 or so sectors. It will take some time for your reader to get through those sectors unless it’s a fast error skipper (plextors are good; recent model Asus writers are like lightning).

However, with old cd/dvd roms and writers it could take 2 to 3 hours depending upom the number of bad sectors.

In any case, be patient. Once it’s read the first ~10,200 sectors (approx 3%), reading will speed back up to normal and it will only take another few minutes to read the remainder of the cd.

Btw, cross-posting is not permitted on this forum. Please read the rules :cop: .

I’m moving this thread to the burning software forum, merging the thread to which Hemispasm has replied and deleting the other two cross-posts.