Copying SafeDisc 2 Discs

vbimport

My burner is duplicating the bad sectors on SD2 Discs (I read the copied disc with CloneCD and it reports that it cannot read the sectors), but when I attempt to run a protected game, it performs an illegal operation during the protection check! It does this even if I use the "Hide CDR" option in CloneCD tray.

How can I duplicate discs without this being a problem?

Thanks

Originally posted by DocBoard
[B]My burner is duplicating the bad sectors on SD2 Discs (I read the copied disc with CloneCD and it reports that it cannot read the sectors), but when I attempt to run a protected game, it performs an illegal operation during the protection check! It does this even if I use the “Hide CDR” option in CloneCD tray.

How can I duplicate discs without this being a problem?

Thanks [/B]

Sounds like your writer can’t handle sd2, or, at least, can’t handle the latest versions. What are you trying to copy and with what hardware?

But, like I said, it IS duplicating the bad sectors (at some point in the past, I had actually done a file compare of a rip of an original and of my copy, and they matched). What else is there to it?

Anyway, interestingly enough, it WILL play off of my burner, but not off of a lot of other drives (namely an LG reader).

Anyway, the burner is a Creative CD-RW 12,10,32x, and I’m trying to duplicate Duke Nukem - Manhatten Project.

Thanks

As with most burners, you are able to duplicate the CD, but you are only able to play the game in the burner and not in any other CD ROM.

Solution…use the latest version of clone CD with AWS (amplify weak sectors) turned on.

see how you go ?

I’m already doing AWS.

It doesn’t make any sense that it wouldn’t work in others, because even using Clone CD on the other drive reveals that the errors are still there.

So it’s a hardware deal?

yes harware related…jump to the Clone CD Website to check to see what your burner is capable of.

Id check for you, but im at work and bordermanager is being a bitch.

if ur using AWS, the files werent the same. creative rebadges other peoples burners, so u’d have to compare how it is to a lot of other writers. see what its recognized as in the bios, perhaps?

Try reading this thread