Copying PSone CDs

vbimport

While my collection of PS CDs aren’t in absolutely stellar condition, I’ve decided that I’d like to copy them and tuck the originals away somewhere safe. I know that the copy protection they use is fairly antiquated now, so do I only have to worry about subcodes when I copy them?

Edit: Hrm, seems I should have searched first, though I’m still not 100% sure of the answer. From my understanding it’s still impossible to play copied PS games without a modchip? :Z

You can copy the Games with CloneCD and the CloneCD Profiles which are lurking somwhere on this site. Just do a search for them.

You do however need a modchip to play copied games.

The copy protection system on these games maybe old but it still hasn’t been 100% broken.

You can make your own PSX backups using Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, etc… but you will still need a mod-chip installed.

nope you need a mod chip your thinking about a boot disc

and no they dont work i use cdrwin to copy my games…

later

romo

so you need the right CD burnner soft wear, any mod chip for your PSone model, will any CDR work? with mod chips, is cheaper better? how hard is it to install one?

Originally posted by diroga
…, will any CDR work?

Use good quality media, Tayio-Yuden´s and other good media.I´m pretty sure there are others with an opinion of whats good quality media for psx-backups.My knowledge ´bout psx backups is that they are picky ´bout media./gs.

you can get a boot cd that lets u play the backups without a modchip because i’ve used on on a psone, and i just used nero and memorex media and it worked fine.

are the boot cd’s copyable? the cd sounds safer that having at my psone with a sodering iorn. but mod chips are cheeper.

u can’t copy the boot cd :frowning: can’t remember where i got it, somewhere on the net

Of course the boot cds are copyable.
However like any PSX copy you need either a modchip or the original boot cd to boot it.

you got any recomendations for mod chips? i have found round 3 ranging from $10 to $25

you can get the boot cd for $14 from http://www.merconnet.com/products.php?ProductID=52 which i thought was quite a good price

I can help you with a mod chip,
and you can have it for a fiver. But you have to be a bit good with an iron as its all surface mount tech in there, so take care.
email me if you need any help for this, diagrams etc, also the proper software for psx copy that actually does go around the protection etc, i have worked on this for years so i should know.
cheers.

marms- you got the boot CD, so could you put it up on kazza. then i could download it and burn a copy. would that work?

also what is the right burning software.

Tayio-Yuden? never heard of that company, i got some Fujifilm CDR’s. is tat good enough?

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

Originally posted by diroga
marms- you got the boot CD, so could you put it up on kazza. then i could download it and burn a copy. would that work?

1:De rules de CD-Freak.

Originally posted by diroga also what is the right burning software.

2:Some of these?

Originally posted by diroga Tayio-Yuden? never heard of that company, i got some Fujifilm CDR’s. is tat good enough?

3:
/gs.

in england,you could get a device that fits in the back of your ps1.it was more expensive that the mod chip,but on another note it didnt affect your warrenty

yeh, its 1 of those cheat cart that plugs in back of the PSX

u can pick em up now for less then £5