Copying protected CDs to laptop hard drive

I want to move my “Totally Mad” CDs to the hard drive of my laptop and run them from there, but the copy protection won’t let me. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Make an image of the cd with clonecd, copy the image to the hard drive of your laptop and mount it on a daemon tools stealth drive.

Originally posted by philamber
Make an image of the cd with clonecd, copy the image to the hard drive of your laptop and mount it on a daemon tools stealth drive.

note that the image is most of the time greater than a cd soyou can’t burn it to a cd as an image use direct kabel link (parallelport/printerport) (crosskabel!)to send over the image’s or with a ethernet network

your’s

:bow: :bow: :bow:

ok its possible whith some efford but why waste cd s if you can do with a cable that will give more possibilaty s and comfort

Note that my goal here is merely to run my software from my laptop, not to copy the discs, but…

I don’t understand. If it came off a CD, why isn’t it possible to squeeze the image file – even enlarged – back down on to a CD?

I don’t understand. If it came off a CD, why isn’t it possible to squeeze the image file – even enlarged – back down on to a CD?

Me too !!!

you can also compress it with winace or use modecdmaker to save cdr space .

The image file will normally be about 19% larger than the total size of the data on the original cd (or on a back-up copy when burnt). You might be able to compress it down with winrar or a similar utility sufficiently to enable you to burn the image files to a cd for transfer or, if your writer supports it, by using a 90 min or 99 min cd. Alternatively you could split the image, burn the parts separately, and then re-combine them on your laptop’s hard drive.

Perfect explaination :cop:

Let me rephrase: Assuming I did have a CD image file on my HD, why couldn’t I massage it back onto another CD – in CD format, presumably – like the one it came from?

The image file contains the data of the cd and extra data like ECC,EDC …, unfortunelly when you burn a cd with for example 1 file, some extras data like still the errors (EDC, ECC …) will be added EXCEPT for example in MODE 2 so the only way to backup a really big image file is to create a mode 2 cd with mode2cdmacker and burn it .

Ah. Thanks!

this only works if you have a no cd/dvd patch.GO to your c drive then to program files find your game folder copy to your desktop and away you go you can play your game from the folder on your desk top. hope this isnt consider as a wrong post against cd freaks rules if so forgive my actions .slyone.