Copying Problem

vbimport

Hi all, a newbie to your forum here, but not to computers in general… I actually registered in effort to help out my brother, but I do have some burning questions I will get around to later on. So here goes:

I’m writing this for my brother as he is short on time.
Maybe you can help me help him.

He purchased a Liteon 52x24x52 last week and has made about 20 some coasters trying to copy a game. He has had problems making a working copy of NASCAR 2003. (SecuROM vr.? latest I presume)

It makes the image file of the game you specify, and burns it, but it stalls while trying to read the burned CD. It also stalls when he tries to play the CD in his MSI DVD drive.

He has used/tried CloneCD vr. 4.2.0.2, Alcohol and NERO (late edition)
He has tried TDK and Fuji blank CDs.

Computer is a homebuilt P4 2.53, Abit 845PE, Corsair 3500 ram, with a Aztec 350 watt ps.

I’ve had decent luck burning CDs and I have successfully burned NASCAR 2003 with my Yamaha F1, but try as I mite, I haven’t been able to solve his problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

I do believe that Nascar 2003 is protected with SafeDisc 2.80.010
and not SecuRom. You can doublecheck with any protection scanner like Clony.

If this is the case, try making a backup with the SafeDisc profile (your Litie is a 2 sheep burner so you’d better try it with AWS off at first). Post back to let us know.

It’s SecuROM 4.8.
I checked it with Protection_ID.
I’ve already copied MS CFS3 which uses SafeDisk 2.8.
My brother, who I am helping with N2003, has already copied MS CFS3 also. He had no problem copying it.

Thanks,
Mike

If the game is Nascar Racing 2003 Season its protected by SecuROM 4.84. I would advise you to backup it using the latest Alcohol version. Please follow this walkthrough

@ Mike360000

If you’ve fluked a working copy of Nascar 2003 yourself, why don’t you try making a copy of your brother’s for him. You might get lucky again.

If not and your brother wants a copy that doesn’t require emulation either use the method outlined here or try using blindwrite v 4.2.5 (search for posts by ViRuS2k in the Blindwrite sub-forum for method).

If neither of those methods result in a working copy, then you (or your brother) can try the method suggested by vio_man but be warned that a copy made with that method requires emulation and will only work on a system that has either alcohol or daemon tools installed and with RMPS emulation enabled.

Well I’ve ran off 3 copies of NASCAR 2003 and 3 copies of UT 2003. All work fine in my computer’s burner or Kenwood 72X CD reader. I didn’t burn all 3 copies of each game from the same image either. I had intended on sending my brother 1 of the copies, but really both of us was wanting a good understanding of how all these new copy protections were working, and to learn to be able to burn our own individually. (He lives like 2000 miles or 3200 km away. So it’s not like I can easily borrow his game CD.)

So far I’ve had perfect luck and my brother ZERO. Like I also said, I burned a completely working copy of MS CFS3 also. No coasters from any of these games I’ve copied.

After burning about 15 CDs and only having 2 coasters from a CD that was copy protected, being from a copy of a copy of a copy from the original, I feel as much or more lucky than good. And it is hard to believe my luck in getting 2 different CDs of 2 different games that the copy protection does not work, according to what I’ve been told here. But I guess it’s possible. (Actually I got that copy from a copy from a copy too burn working copies on my third attempt. Made 2 copies of it.)

But I realize after reading through the forum here, I have a lot to learn about burning copy protected CDs. And plenty of questions. I just haven’t figured where I want to start asking yet! :eek:

Thanks for the tips,
Mike

Originally posted by philamber
[B]@ Mike360000

If you’ve fluked a working copy of Nascar 2003 yourself, why don’t you try making a copy of your brother’s for him. You might get lucky again.

If not and your brother wants a copy that doesn’t require emulation either use the method outlined here or try using blindwrite v 4.2.5 (search for posts by ViRuS2k in the Blindwrite sub-forum for method).

If neither of those methods result in a working copy, then you (or your brother) can try the method suggested by vio_man but be warned that a copy made with that method requires emulation and will only work on a system that has either alcohol or daemon tools installed and with RMPS emulation enabled. [/B]

Mike, I suspect that you’d find that your copies of securom 4.8x protected games will work on your system only and that they won’t work on your brother’s system.

As for copying a copy of a copy. That’s always been possible with safedisc protected cds. It’s one of the reasons that safedisc is pretty useless as a copy protection.

If you’ve got the hardware to copy the original of a safedisc protected cd, there isn’t any difficulty with secondary and subsequent copying (which, of course, enables rampant piracy which is the very thing that copy protection is intended to prevent).

Originally posted by vio_man
If the game is Nascar Racing 2003 Season its protected by SecuROM 4.84. I would advise you to backup it using the latest Alcohol version. Please follow this walkthrough

You the man!
My brother got your suggestion to work!
He said his LiteOn 52X24X52X read the game CD at 1X and wrote it at max speed.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

For Nascar Racing 2003 Season I used a Lite-On 48246s to make a BWA. I made it with the read set at 1x and burned at max just the way the UT2003 walkthrough says to do. It plays in my 48246s my Lite-On DVD and my Pioneer DVD 105 recorder:cool: The BWA is as perfect as perfect gets.