Copying pictures with Sonic DigitalMedia

Hello! I tried to copy some pictures (jpeg) to a DVD-RW using Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7. When I click on the copy button this error message shows up: “A suitable drive was not detected. Please attach a drive and try again.” I tried burning a CD-R and it also has the same error message.

I have Windows XP and a Sony DVD-RW burner on a Dell computer. I’ve burned movie files to a DVD-RW using this program before and it worked fine. and have also made data discs with CD-Rs. I tested a DVD I burned in the past and it opens and plays. Why does it not work now when it used to work before? How can I fix it? Thank you!

Hi and Welcome!

are you able to burn to CD or DVD using other software like ImgBurn? Please try and post the log file.

Michael

Strangely enough, my Itunes is still able to burn cds though Sonic is unable to burn anything! I installed ImgBurn and tried creating a data disc but it didn’t work. Here is the logfile:

I 10:36:15 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!
I 10:36:15 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 10:36:15 Total Physical Memory: 1,039,740 KB - Available: 396,260 KB
I 10:36:15 Initialising SPTI…
I 10:36:15 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
E 10:36:17 CreateFile Failed! - Device: ‘\.\CdRom0’ (D: )
E 10:36:17 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
W 10:36:17 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.
W 10:36:17 This drive will not be visible in the program.
W 10:36:17 No devices detected!

E 10:36:17 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

This error shows up when you have a virus/rootkit infection. Look at this thread at the ImgBurn forums: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10650

Ah I see. Thanks. I’m actually dealing with getting rid of my infections on another forum so hopefully after they help me there this will be resolved as well.

[QUOTE=catatonia;2311081]Ah I see. Thanks. I’m actually dealing with getting rid of my infections[/QUOTE]"The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild"
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx

Michael