Copying in DVD5 format is not free?

I was going to make backups of my DVDs when the newest HD Decrypter 6.0.7.0 said that I was now going to try “DVD to DVD”. I didn’t have a choice. I noticed after several backups that everything was being copied in DVD9 format. I tried to change to DVD5 like it normally is set to but it says that my use or whatever had expired.

Is this normal because I have never seen this before with DVDFab?

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2445681]I was going to make backups of my DVDs when the newest HD Decrypter 6.0.7.0 said that I was now going to try “DVD to DVD”. I didn’t have a choice. I noticed after several backups that everything was being copied in DVD9 format. I tried to change to DVD5 like it normally is set to but it says that my use or whatever had expired.

Is this normal because I have never seen this before with DVDFab?[/QUOTE]

Hi Anakin2Vader

DVDFab HD Decrypter(free) does not have the compression functionality thus unable to access the DVD5 option, you are only given a 30 day trial to evaluate the full version after the 30day trial has expired you no longer have access to the full featuresonly the free HD Decrypter.

SJ

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2445681]I was going to make backups of my DVDs when the newest HD Decrypter 6.0.7.0 said that I was now going to try “DVD to DVD”. I didn’t have a choice. I noticed after several backups that everything was being copied in DVD9 format. I tried to change to DVD5 like it normally is set to but it says that my use or whatever had expired.

Is this normal because I have never seen this before with DVDFab?[/QUOTE]

Use the free one and copy to hard drive, then run it through either nero recode or dvd shrink. Burn Main movie only.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2445686]Hi Anakin2Vader

DVDFab HD Decrypter(free) does not have the compression functionality thus unable to access the DVD5 option, you are only given a 30 day trial to evaluate the full version after the 30day trial has expired you no longer have access to the full featuresonly the free HD Decrypter.

SJ[/QUOTE]

It was the first time that I have ever seen that with DVDFab.

[QUOTE=Donewell;2445752]Use the free one and copy to hard drive, then run it through either nero recode or dvd shrink. Burn Main movie only.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I did. Ripped with DVDFab and then cleaned it up with DVD Shrink.

[B]Now, when I do that, will the ripped movie lose any quality because of the extra step (eg. Not having been shrunk down to DVD size by the DVDFab)?[/B]

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2445836]That is exactly what I did. Ripped with DVDFab and then cleaned it up with DVD Shrink.

[B]Now, when I do that, will the ripped movie lose any quality because of the extra step (eg. Not having been shrunk down to DVD size by the DVDFab)?[/B][/QUOTE]

No more so than if you did it with dvdfab. If you only do main movie , and it fits with out compressing, then nothing lost.

Unless it is a very long movie and it compresses it to under 80 or 90 percent. Then i would split it put it on 2 disks. IT’s your call.

You have to judge the quality of each one you do yourself. If you play it & everything is fine, you’re good to go. I have been as low as 50% & quality has been fine on my TV.