Copying home made DVD's

vbimport

Hi all,

I’ve tried without luck to convert home made DVD’s with the latest version of DVDFab Platinum (5.0.20 Mobile Option) but the program scans the disc and then returns to the “insert DVD disc or choose folder” message" and it refuses to acknowledge there is a disc there!!

Can this be done??

Steve:confused:

If i’m understanding you correctly, this is a home made DVD, as in a camcorder or such…correct?

If so, you need not use DvdFab.

Just use ImgBurn

[B]Mode > Read

Mode > Write[/B]

Well, it’s actually a DVD that I created a while ago with DVD Shrink! and although the ts folder and all files inside are present (ifo, bup etc) and play fine in Power DVD and a standalone DVD player etc but DVDFab Platinum doesn’t want to know ?

All I want to do is convert it to an Ipod MP4 file

Why won’t it allow me to?

I suspect the dvd “structure” is still at fault. Do you have an AUDIO_TS folder as well? Although this typically, would be empty, it’s necessary to conform to standard dvd structure.

Do you have nero or pinnacle or some other re-authoring software?
For eg., I can take an .avi file shot from my Canon digital camera and run it through Nero Vision Express and it’ll comform to standard dvd structure.
No problem coverting to an Ipod, etc., from there.

Well… to complicate the issue I just copied the single video_ts folder (no audio_ts) from the DVD to the hard drive and… DVDFab Platinum had no trouble accepting and reading that!!! but not from the DVD itself…weird! or maybe there’s an explanation that beats me?

Steve

[quote=harrismail;2062524]Well, it’s actually a DVD that I created a while ago with DVD Shrink! and although the ts folder and all files inside are present (ifo, bup etc) and play fine in Power DVD and a standalone DVD player etc but DVDFab Platinum doesn’t want to know ?

All I want to do is convert it to an Ipod MP4 file

Why won’t it allow me to?[/quote]Try selecting DVD to Mobile->iPod before inserting the disc. If that does not work, try selecting DVD to DVD->Customize and see if DVDFab will generate an error code. You made need to disable PathPlayer in Common Settings->PathPlayer. I have made AVIs from home video captures many times but they had not been run though DVDShrink.

The [B][I][U]only[/U][/I][/B] way I can do it is to copy the single video_ts folder (no audio_ts) from the DVD to the hard drive and then DVDFab Platinum has no trouble accepting and reading that !!!

But not from the DVD itself…weird!

Steve

Hi harrismail,

What burning software do you use? Did you use DVD-VIDEO layout? If the layout of DVD files is not standand, DVDFab cannot read it.

if reading from hard disk folder, there will be no problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao