Copying Go Video originals

:confused:Several years ago I converted VHS, Super 8 and other visual media to DVD format using a Go Video box purchased from Costco. The manufacturer of this device seems to have vanished. DVD neXt Copy conveyed that the software “is designed to convert to your hard drive in ISO or MOV format and those formats compativle with IPOD, PSP and ZUNE. It will not burn any other formats at this time. However, we are working on multiple formats in our new versions.” CloneDVD conveyed “CloneDVD is made to copy commercial movie DVDs, it dosen"t transcode copies or private creations.” This software would not read or burn the Video_TS folder in the “write existing data” function of this CloneDVD2. Nero and DVD Shrink hang up when the copying is about 60%-90% completed. The following is the AnyDVD file:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.4.9)
TSSTCORP DVD±RW TS-L632D DE03 DE
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2260352 sectors (4414 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.
RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
I have had selective success with 2 DVD’s in Nero, but nothing consistent. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

What are you trying to accomplish? Just a simple no edit copy?

Yes…any suggestions?

If the dvds you have now are playing correctly, you can do a simple copy of them using ImgBurn. ImgBurn won’t work to copy encrypted dvds, but according to your first post, these are home made.

Use ImgBurn to make an ISO image file of the dvd, then burn to a new disk with ImgBurn as well. Since ImgBurn now starts in Ezmode, just click on [B]Create image file from disc[/B] to start the process of making the ISO. When it is completed, click on [B]Write image file to disc[/B] to burn it onto a new dvd.

ImgBurn is free to download and use. www.imgburn.com

If you have more questions on this process, look through these two guides for making and burning ISO image files with ImgBurn:

[QUOTE=listaa;2283371]Yes…any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Do as Kerry recommends. ImgBurn will retry 20 times (it can be increased) to read a bad part of your disc, which sounds like what you have:

Nero and DVD Shrink [B]hang up[/B] when the copying is about 60%-90% completed.

I assume your DVD was accepted by DVD Shrink which is a good sign as far as file structure.

Make sure your disc is as clean as possible.

Thank you and thank you! This solution absolutely worked-I appreciate your expertise shared-will know to come here first next time!