Copying GM Navteq NAv DVD

I was doing some reading on making a legal backup of my only and expensive DVD NAV database for my car. I have a GM NAV unit V. 4.1 and am wondering if anyone has had any success? I have tried following previous posts and have had no success. Has anyone been able to copy this? I don’t get an error when I put the DVD in my NAV, just a cycle of “DVD Check In Progress”… Any ideas from anyone?

anyone?

You have to have the right equipment… the latest version now is GM Part Number 25847541. I have this DVD and was able to make a backup copy that works perfectly! PM me for details if you are interested.

[QUOTE=rhuisman;2121199]You have to have the right equipment… the latest version now is GM Part Number 25847541. I have this DVD and was able to make a backup copy that works perfectly! PM me for details if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Why not post the details here instead of via PM, that way other users in the same boat can benefit.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2121271]Why not post the details here instead of via PM, that way other users in the same boat can benefit.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool… Basically you have to have a DVD recorder that supports writing the booktype to ROM. If it doesnt then you cant make a backup… I used NERO’s free version and it worked the first time on my computer but my laptop didnt work… I did some research on the DVD writers in both computers and it turns out the one in my laptop will not write booktype ROM.

If you are making coasters its because your writer is not what you need… its as simple as that!

If you need help obtaining a working backup copy… you can still PM me!

Thanks

Hi,

I have chrysler town country 05 navigation dvd 050604033AC, can yours work on mine?

Thanks

frank3.frank@gmail.com

No this wont work on yours.

[QUOTE=frank3.frank@gmail.com;2189508]Hi,

I have chrysler town country 05 navigation dvd 050604033AC, can yours work on mine?

Thanks

frank3.frank@gmail.com[/QUOTE]