Copying games to Hard Drive

vbimport

I want to copy CD games to my hard drive. What software is recommended?

[QUOTE=bunny53444;2583140]I want to copy CD games to my hard drive. What software is recommended?[/QUOTE]

That won’t work unless you have virtual cd/dvd mounted and even then the copy protection will prevent you from running the popular games on the HDD without the cd/dvd in the drive itself to work. And most games install their game onto the HDD already so what your trying to do is already done when you install the game? So I don’t get what your really asking sounds more like two questions that were put into one question…

If what you want to do is make an image of your game cd and run it from the image mounted on a virtual drive, then I recommend alcohol (either 52% or 120%).

In addition to philamber:
Alcohol has different profiles/data type settings for many copy protections.
To determine the protection scan the installation directories of your games with Burnout or ProtectionID.

http://protectionid.owns.it/

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2583167]That won’t work unless you have virtual cd/dvd mounted and even then…[/QUOTE]Would you please give some examples where “the copy protection will prevent
you from running games on the HDD without the cd/dvd in the drive” ?

[QUOTE=Terramex;2583192]In addition to philamber:
Alcohol has different profiles/data type settings for many copy protections.
To determine the protection scan the installation directories of your games with Burnout or ProtectionID.

http://protectionid.owns.it/
Would you please give some examples where “the copy protection will prevent
you from running games on the HDD without the cd/dvd in the drive” ?[/QUOTE]

NWN2, Arcania: Gothic 4 two that I have that requires the cd/dvd.

Depending on the drives’ capabilities and the emulation software being used one principally shouldn’t meet problems with those two (or any other) SecuROM titles.

In a virtual drive one might additionally need an Antiblacklisting tool.
But a burned RMPS copy does always work without “extra effort”.

btw. just read some older posts:

The reason NWN2 worked that way is that Patch 1.23.1765 completely removed the SecuROM check :wink: