Copying from hdd to dvd with pioneer dvr540h

vbimport

Greetings
Silly questions:

1. when copying from hdd to dvd with pioneer dvr540h
    do the red light appear in the front panel in addition to the arrow?
  2. when copying to dvd+r dl can I use high-speed?
    many thanks

The LED (the light in front of the drive) usually flashes just to let you know it’s working, since I there is no standard for that and I don’t have your drive no idea about the arrow.

Yes, you can use the highest speed that your writer & media support.

If you are going to use double layer dvds, make sure to only use Verbatim brand. Though if you are in the US, Falcon brand DL dvds found online are a reasonably good substitute, they are just not found at local stores.

Personally, I never burn DL dvds at their highest rated speed when burning on computer drives. With your Pioneer recorder, I’d take it down a notch also. You only save a small amount of time and introduce a bit more uncertainty to the quality of your burns by burning at max speed.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2557109]If you are going to use double layer dvds, make sure to only use Verbatim brand. Though if you are in the US, Falcon brand DL dvds found online are a reasonably good substitute, they are just not found at local stores.

Personally, I never burn DL dvds at their highest rated speed when burning on computer drives. With your Pioneer recorder, I’d take it down a notch also. You only save a small amount of time and introduce a bit more uncertainty to the quality of your burns by burning at max speed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kerry56 I totally missed the part about DL yes I agree 100% on type and speed.

If DL is rated 8x I burn at 4x (half) that works for me as I get to many errors at max speed.

In my opinion Verbatim are the best and most reliable, you may pay a little more but it’s worth it. Memorex are the worst and most unreliable.