Copying from hd to dvd

vbimport

Hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me.Ive got a hd-A740gx,and ive done some copying from hd to dvd with camcorder footage and some tv programms with no problems.However i recorded a film from sky,and have tried to copy do dvd from the hd and i keep getting a message the function you specified is not supported due to some limitations.Please split the title and try again.

Ive tried recording a film from sky sraight onto dvd with no problems so i cant understand why i wont let me from the hd.Ive checked the speed mode and it isnt a space issue.Ive also tried downloading the latest firmware to no avail.Any help would be much apreciated thanks.

POSTED by SHOUTER
i recorded a film from sky,and have tried to copy do dvd from the hd
Can you play it from the HD?

Yeah i can play the file

If you can play the file you should be able to burn it. What type to file is it? It may have to be converted. Look at this product

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Well its whatever the file is that is recorded on the drive dont know what that is.Can anyone confirm that theyve recorded a film from sky onto the harddrive and then burned it onto a dvd without getting that message?

Well ive tried splitting the files and there now burning to dvd,but i still dont get why you have to do this when theres enough space on the disc to go on as 1 file.Can someone explain to me why you have to do this?

The files must be larger than 4.38 gig. That can be the only reason. Try a DVD D/L disc.

What length and quality was the original, full recording - you can fit 1hr HQ, 2hr SP and 3hr LP onto a single-sided disc.

PB

I have the same problem although this was recorded from the BBC1 through the sky box and yes it plays back from the box - it is set to HQ and is 1hr 24mins will try a DVD-r DL disk, but shouldn’t it scream if the disk has no space - in fact the manual states the box should display a message asking for a bigger disk.

Dvd-R dl arent supported only DVD+R DL.

that worked on this tittle - I think Liteon need to sort this out - I would like them to also allow for the quality to be changed when copying from HDD to disk - I thought the box had the ‘just fit technology’ it should bring up a box stating that the tittle won’t fit the disk not “the function you specified is not supported due to some limitations.Please split the title and try again.” or mention this message in the troubleshooting guide in the manual

I have same problem. Can anyone explain how to split the files?

just fit to disc works on live recording to disc only, try reading the instruction manual