Copying Episodic DVD to 1 DVD

I am trying to make back-up copies of Sailor Moon (Japanese Anime) there are several episodes on one disc, maybe about 12 episodes being 23 minutes in length. I have DVDFAB Platinum 3.2.0. How can I do that?

I am pretty adept with this software and computers, but this one is stumping me. I saw where someone on here suggested using a wizard but my version does not have that.

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks Gang!
Guardianofthemoon:bow:

Hi Guardian. You can manually split the episodes across several DVDRs using Customize mode, either with or without menus. You probably should also upgrade to a more current version of DVDFab. DVDFab has a Tutorial now, you can access it from the link in my sig. Read over the section on Customize and post again if you still have questions.:slight_smile:

you could do it no prob. just burn the whole disk onto a d/l. seems u have an older version of fab though. you might want to update it.

[QUOTE=signals;1959003]Hi Guardian. You can manually split the episodes across several DVDRs using Customize mode, either with or without menus. You probably should also upgrade to a more current version of DVDFab. DVDFab has a Tutorial now, you can access it from the link in my sig. Read over the section on Customize and post again if you still have questions.:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for being so quick to reply. I appreciate that! :clap:

My issue is that I know how to split the discs and put six episodes on one and than 6 on another. What I want to do is compress the disc so it all fits on one disc. I am not looking for killer quality, but I want to burn these so my niece has a copy, and she won’t care if it is stellar quality or mediocre.

Thanks a bunch!
Guardianofthemoon
:flower:

dvdshrink

not sure of the legalities of making copies for relatives though.

[QUOTE=pythonis;1959015]not sure of the legalities of making copies for relatives though.[/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase that, this is my nieces series, and I am taking her episodes and making a copy for her. She already owns the disc I am copying. This is a back-up disc for her. She has a little sister who keeps getting into her movies and scratches them. I told her this way, she can keep the back-up out and put the original up for herself.

Since it is her movie and I am just making a copy of her own disc, I think that is okay. Correct me if I am wrong. I just have the software that does it, she can’t. Hope that makes sense.lol.

Anyway, tried DVDShrink and I didnt like the interface, I like DVDFAB.

Thanks!
:cop:

sorry but could you enlighten me as to what you mean by “interface”?

[QUOTE=pythonis;1959024]sorry but could you enlighten me as to what you mean by “interface”?[/QUOTE]

An interface is its use system. In other words, when you have a choice between Windows Vista and Windows XP most people chose Windows XP because it is easier to navigate. That is what an interface is.

I hate trying to navigate the Shrink one, I like the ease of use of DVDFAB.

Make sense? All though, I would give anything to get my DVD XCopy Beta version back. I have looked everywhere for it! :sad:

[QUOTE=Guardianofthemoon;1959007]Thank you for being so quick to reply. I appreciate that! :clap:

My issue is that I know how to split the discs and put six episodes on one and than 6 on another. What I want to do is compress the disc so it all fits on one disc. I am not looking for killer quality, but I want to burn these so my niece has a copy, and she won’t care if it is stellar quality or mediocre.

Thanks a bunch!
Guardianofthemoon
:flower:[/QUOTE]
well you just select full disc copy or cusomise + DVD5 output & pop a blank DVD in the writer. fab will do the rest.

the key think is the DVD5 vs DVD9 setting, which tells Fab to compress just enough to fit to a single layer DVD. the more junk you can omit in customise mode ( unwanted languages etc) the better your output quality will be.

and i always thought shrink was simple. its nero i dont think is very user friendly. ok here goes. dvdfab=full disk. dvdshrink=open file-mydocuments-dvdfab-fulldisk-sailormoon-video_ts-ok highlight the iso image file on the left along with the rest of the options and click backup. easy as pie.

[QUOTE=pythonis;1959035]and i always thought shrink was simple. its nero i dont think is very user friendly. ok here goes. dvdfab=full disk. dvdshrink=open file-mydocuments-dvdfab-fulldisk-sailormoon-video_ts-ok highlight the iso image file on the left along with the rest of the options and click backup. easy as pie.[/QUOTE]

I guess I just like the ease of use of DVDFAB but I have figured it out now, so I am thrilled.

Thanks for all the help though, you guys are great! :smiley:

glad to have helped in at least some small way.