Copying DVD2One DVD's (to prevent stutter)?

I have been using these bukqpak purple discs for backing up my DVD collection and have now been told by a supplier that I should be using a different brand for movies.

I have ordered some {DV 323} DATAWRITE YELLOW 1 x speed disks which are supposed to be more compatible for domestic DVD players! My question is… I have already backed up 6 films on bulkpaq discs, can I do a straight copy of the DVD onto the new datawrite media to make them compatible OR do I have to re- rip - DVD2One and record the movies again!!!

Does anybody have any useful advice or experience with this or recommend budget discs before I back up the 40 DVD’s that I have yet to do (Iwould hate to have to do them again)???

Cost is an issue here i cannot yet afford to be buying 4 x media as market is volatile at the moment so pionner etc media is out of the question.

Since you have already “ripped” them, there is no copy protection or region codes anymore. You can now do a disc-to-disc copy.

As far as media goes, I have been using Accu 2x & Ritek. Both work in my JVC player.

I am still confused about the stuttering dvd movies on my current discs?

Is the problem in the data and the way it is written on the cheap discs

… or is the data perfectly fine and it is just the media to which it is written the probem?

If the latter is the case then I imagine a straight copy of the DVD FROM THE DODGY DISC onto the new DVD media would be the solution.

someone tell me i am right?

ta

The problem is BULKPAG have changed manufator from RITEK to PRINCO, which are cheap utter crap… they use a copied header from TDK…

the way to tell the difference is, if the centre of the DVD-R has i white-solid ring they are the old RITEK one’s… but if a see-though ring then they are the new ones which are PRINCO…

a DISC to DISC copy should be fine, so long as the stuttering isnt due to loss of data, just week dye…

Best bet play it in the PC… as ther lazers are stronger…

I’ve has it where you get donut rings on the DYE, and there is actually no data been wrote to the DVD-R, in which case you cant copy…

Hope this helps…

i USE the 105…

The good news is that my discs have a white ring in the middle. Old Ritek great news eh!!!

I will duplicate these dvd discs onto better quality media in any case and test them on my dvd player that stutters to see if that remedies the problem! I am not a lover of playing movies on the computer even if they have stronger lasers I prefer a comfortable sofa!!!

Thanks for the info this is a great forum!

btw what software would you recommend for straight DVD to DVD copies. (sorry to ask so many questions, i have just moved over from a mac computer, xp pro rocks!!)

i use nero, but make sure you have the new vertion as there was compatiblilty problems with older versions and play back on some DVD plays…

another thought check out the firmware on your writer as there was also a bug, there when write to the end on the DVD’s you got back sectors…

the PC this was just to see if its the DVD that is naff or your player might just be funny with copies or some media…

not every DVD player will play all different media, or even copies at all…

look in to this aswell…

I also have a DVD Duplicator so i do a lot of the 1 to 1 coping on that, and the PC just to rip and get my master copy…

an abundance of knowledge this forum thanks again !!!

I bought a new secondary pc for the purpose of ripping and burning DVD’s whilst I work, I dont think I can now stretch to a Duplicator as well, but it seems the perfect solution.

Thanks again

LOL… yeah did cost me a lil bit,lol…

the controller and case alone was £330.00, for now i have 2x 105s in it £200.00 each… and 1x Pionner 16x reader…

But it can hold a max of 7x Writers… :=) get there soon… lol

Worth every penny though…

I use bulkpaq gen 3 r2 disk and they have been ok in all my players. to copy a rip disc I use record now dx by veritas and the make a exact copy wizard

Best way IMHO is to copy the DVDR to your HD using DVD Decrypter in ISO read mode and burn them back in ISO write mode. Perfect results every time using this method and only takes a few minutes to rip to HD. :wink:

ITS only an issue with the PIONEER 105 drive… and since they changed manufator (see-though ring)…

The Solid white ring work great…

However they all work ok on the 103/104…

this is because the 105 need to read the header for the lazer calibration settings, to burn the DVD-R… where as the 103/104 calibrates it self to the DVD-R…

becarefull when ugrading firmware on the 103/104… as you cant go back

have you got the URL for the firmware update for the 105?? I am sure its up to date but wouldnt mind checking???

thanks

not at hand no… 1.21 is the latest… cam out in DEC…