Copying DVD with Clone CD - file to large to fit on destination disk

vbimport

I am trying to copy a scratched DVD (standard 4.7G disk) and CloneCD is able to obtain the copy but then the file is to large to fit on a 4.7G DVD-R. I also have Clone DVD but it errors out everytime I try to copy.
How can I get the image file from Clone CD to fit on a DVD-R?
Thanks
Jeremy

[QUOTE=volksmann;2454210]I am trying to copy a scratched DVD (standard 4.7G disk) and CloneCD is able to obtain the copy but then the file is to large to fit on a 4.7G DVD-R. I also have Clone DVD but it errors out everytime I try to copy.
Thanks
Jeremy[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it is a 4.7G media? Did you do a status check in windows to see the actual media size? What version of CloneCD are you using? What does the exact error says? What the name of the DVD? What kinda blank media are you trying to use and what kinda burner do you have? When it says file is to large it means you need DL media not the 4.7G media your using. But with it timing out with errors mean the image file was not properly done or the HDD is in need of defrag to improve data transfer.

Posted by volksmann
Thanks

You cannot if its over 4.38gbs. You may be able to run it through a compressing program like Shrink and then burn it from file.:wink: coolcolors is right on here, you will need a D/L disc or compress the video which CloneCD does not do.