Copying disks from set-top dvd recorder

StormJumper;Yes I made many changes in Services.
The changes or updates were made before I ever tried to view this type disc.I have made updates since but no effect either way that I can tell.
All other DVD discs that I have tried can be viewed in Windows Explorer.It is specifically the DVD -RW recorded in -VR mode in the Presidian(only recorder I have that does that mode) that Vista can’t read.
If you think a possible change in a Services will make Vista read this disc Please suggest it.
I don’t have to record any discs this way but I would like Vista to be able to see the folders & files on the disc .
Here’s one more thing you might find interesting.If I load the disc in my Windows 98se computer & copy & paste it to a flash drive.Vista can see the folders & files on the flash drive.I can copy them the the Vista HDD where it can also read them.The .vro file which contains the Audio & Video will play in VLC,WMP,Gom & MPlayer but not WMC.
So it isn’t the file types that Vista has the problem with it is reading them from the settop recorded disc.
I’m open to suggestions

Is it only isolated to the -RW recorded in -VR mode or does this happen with other media type ?

@StormJumper;Only -RW recorded in -VR .Actually the Presidian formats the -RW in the -VR mode when that mode is selected .
So far Vista is able to read any other media I have tried in it.

Here is something I tried just this morning:
I did a build from the -RW with ImgBurn on my 98 PC.I then wrote this to a new -RW with ImgBurn.
It left out the : .Sys-Reserved-RW-Bitmap.GROW & .SysReservedFile but contained the folder : DVD_RTAV with these files inside: VR_MANGR.IFO & VR_MOVIE.VRO .
When this disc is loaded in my Vista DVD drive the DVD_RTAV with these files inside: VR_MANGR.IFO & VR_MOVIE.VRO . are visible & will play if I select the .VRO file.

Img on the 98 machine probably read the files using ASPI, as would the OS on that PC (which could see them). Vista I think would not; you may not even have an ASPI driver on the Vista machine.

signals ;I do have an ASPI driver on the Vista I installed it.
Actually I have 2 .The Nero WNASPI32.DLL is in the folders of some programs where they want to use that one & the older ASPI as in this image is in the Vista system wide.
ImgBurn on the 98 Tools/Settings/ I/O / Interface is set to ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes

Just a thought. It may just be coincedence that everything on the 98 machine (or processed through it) can either see the files or make them visible but I doubt it.

I doubt that it’s coincedence myself.I think part of the reason the files & folders processed with the 98 machine is they would be FAT32.

[QUOTE=cholla;2229074]I doubt that it’s coincedence myself.I think part of the reason the files & folders processed with the 98 machine is they would be FAT32.[/QUOTE]

I don’t have Vista. I can read set top burns with Win 98 & Win XP. I don’t use rw’s, though. Just R-.

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2229397]I don’t have Vista. I can read set top burns with Win 98 & Win XP. I don’t use rw’s, though. Just R-.[/QUOTE]
It is only the specific type recording discussed in previous posts.That my Vista has a problem reading.
Since Vista can see the files on this disc in IsoBuster it can’t be the drive.
The problem is probably with Vista Windows Explorer .I’m just trying to find a solution for this.