Copying Diablo 2

vbimport

I’m trying to backup my copy of Diablo 2. I have a Sony RW drive, using Verbatim CD-R’s and CDRWin 3.7f. Everything seems to work fine, but when I try to play the game, I keep getting a message that tells me to “Please be sure the Play Disc is inserted, then click retry.” Do I need a patch or something for this one? I’ve heard that it should work the way I did it, but for some reason it’s not. Any help would be appreciated.

For info check: www.gamecopyworld.com

I see you have a Sony CDRW. The 120CRX and up series can copy it. However because Diablo II uses sunchannel data it’s recommended to read the image on a low read speed because else the subchannel data will not be correctly copied.

The subchannel data reading relies on an error in Sony’s firmware and therefore isn’t very reliable.

The easier way is R-N_G’s way

Thanks for the help. I already checked Game Copy World, and everyone there seems to have a different answer. I guess I’ll just have to try a few things and see what works. Can’t improve at burning without making a few coasters along the way, right?

Aaaahhhh! Game Copy World has updated the site since Tuesday! Killer! Thanks for the help!