Copying Css protected dvd's..which program?

Hello,i’ve got some questions on css( heh,lion king has em too) and dvd copying.

1)First,clone dvd won’t do it…so i gotta get another prog. Nero recode maybe? What do u ppl suggest?

2)Moreover,can i download and use nero recode as a standalone(like,download the second package only)?

3)Is really nero 6 the blast now? Should i have it replace 5.5?

THnax in avance for your time and reply’s.

1. You should think about using Smartripper to rip the dvd and use Gamefreak’s guide in the sticky topic just above this one to burn imho :slight_smile:

2. see 1) :wink:

3. There seem to be problems regarding Nero6, just check out the topiclist. I use 5.5 and have never had any trouble :slight_smile:

any other thoughts/advice…?

1. Use DVD Decrypter to copy all files to your hard disc.
  2. Transcode them if needed with software like CloneDVD.
  3. Use Nero 5.5 to burn the transcoded files. I have mixed feelings about Nero 6.
  4. Read this article for some basics!
  5. Good luck :wink:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
1. Use DVD Decrypter to copy all files to your hard disc.
2. Transcode them if needed with software like CloneDVD.
3. Use Nero 5.5 to burn the transcoded files. I have mixed feelings about Nero 6.
4. Read this article for some basics!
5. Good luck :wink:

In reply to 1.: any other decrypter of your choice (smartripper f.e.) will also do the job :slight_smile:

may I ask why transcoding is nessecary? I copied and splitted my movies with DVDFab and just burnt the vobs. They worked in pc dvd player, whether or not they are going to work in a standalone I will see next saturday :slight_smile:

>may I ask why transcoding is nessecary?

Yes. Most DVD-9 titles have to be reduced to 4.37GB, de-MUXed and re-MUXed for writing.

Very easy-to-use & recommended combinations are “CloneDVD+AnyDVD” or “DVD decrypter+CloneDVD” or “DVD Region-Free +DVD2One+CopyToDVD” … & These combinations work well & flawless generally . Enjoy…

anydvd+dvdshrink3

or

dvddecryptor and ifoedit to split them on 2 dvd’s

burning the dvd’s can be done by most software

for xperts;
dvd2dvd-r
dvd2svcd in dvd2dvd-mode
(you need cce/tmpenc/canopus procoder) for this.)

CDFreak DVD Guides & Tutorials