Copying copied DVD's

Okay, so I’ve read the other posts that are similar to the problem I am having with Processing errors -

D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_2VOB: read error
Data Error (cyclical redundancy check).

but mine is a little different. I am trying to burn a DVD copy from a copy that I created using CloneDVD but no matter which copied disc I try to copy from our library I keep getting this error. I have cleaned them all, and have tried to do it using both my laptop and my PC… so it can’t be the hardware and those discs are as clean as I can get them. Am I missing something simple about making a copy from a copy? How can I be getting the same error on every single disc? I’m hoping there’s a simple answer that will make me feel like a clod for having bothered the group with this question! Thanks…

Hello,

What is the media you used to copy to?
Try Nero and let us see what will happen.

[QUOTE=auncdn;2447268]Okay, so I’ve read the other posts that are similar to the problem I am having with Processing errors -

D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_2VOB: read error
Data Error (cyclical redundancy check).

but mine is a little different. I am trying to burn a DVD copy from a copy that I created using CloneDVD but no matter which copied disc I try to copy from our library I keep getting this error. I have cleaned them all, and have tried to do it using both my laptop and my PC… so it can’t be the hardware and those discs are as clean as I can get them. Am I missing something simple about making a copy from a copy? How can I be getting the same error on every single disc? I’m hoping there’s a simple answer that will make me feel like a clod for having bothered the group with this question! Thanks…[/QUOTE]

It sounds like the source dvd is of bad media quality from the looks of it. It says read error that usually mean bad media. And since you copying a copy that doesn’t tell us how the source media was like?? Also not know what media you burned the source to won’t help much? Just cause it looks clean to your visual inspections it totally different at the laser burn level. Also that read error could have been caused from burning to fast on wrong or incorrect media burn settings. Also what version of CloneDVD are you using?? If your getting a error on the same copy to copy my money is on that it was not burned right or there is a error on the source media. But as anything without much details about what your doing and hardware were grabbing at straws…

Poor media is indeed possibly an issue and poorer quality media degrades over time.

Check and see if the files can be copied to your hard disk without error.

If there is a problem then you’ll have to reprocess your originals.

[B]Wombler[/B]