Copying CD Labels

vbimport

Now that I can again rip and burn music CDS (CD Clone), where can I get software so I can scan a music CD label so it can be printed on Avery 8692 CD/DVD label srock? I could do this years ago when I could also rip and burn using an older version of NERO. Avery does not offer such software.

Any scanning program can handle that, BUT do you really want to use paper labels? (look here)

[QUOTE=Konreid;2495168]Now that I can again rip and burn music CDS (CD Clone), where can I get software so I can scan a music CD label so it can be printed on Avery 8692 CD/DVD label srock? I could do this years ago when I could also rip and burn using an older version of NERO. Avery does not offer such software.[/QUOTE]

Acoustica.com has a good disk labelling program

I use Photoshop Elements to scan and save a JPEG of covers or disks, or other images if I´m making something of my own.

These images can be easily edited, modified etc, and imported into nice cover and disc printing software such as CD-LabelPrint from Canon (comes with Canon printers anyway). You can write your own track listings and cover titles too of course, and print covers in every possible format such as jewel cases, slim cases, DVD cases etc.

And as Olyteddy mentioned, it´s generally considered unwise to stick labels onto discs…better to get proper printable discs.

First, regarding the stick on labels for CDS & DVDS, when I print them out and before I peel them from the sheet I spray them with a Fixatif, such as KRYLON, either Workable or Final, and either Matte or Glossy. You can find these (in spray cans) at art supply stores such as Michaels. This waterproofs them, so spills don’t soak in and make the colors run. Also, the labels then don’t absorb moisture, so the curling, wrinkling, bubbling or whatever problem doesn’t occur. Krylon also has a “Preserve It!” spray for digital photos, business cards, etc. With any of these do your spraying outside and let them dry awhile before bringing them inside. They have a strong laquer smell. Also don’t use Krylon (or other) Matte or Glossy Finish spray. It will fog if there is much humidity in the air. I will have 2 more posts re this (out of space).

Second reply re CD & DVD labels: I use heavy weight matte paper when I scan and print the inserts for jewel boxes. I then spray with the matte or glossy fixatif. Then I cut them out with a sharp blade and straightedge. I make the needed creases by putting a straightedge, such as a plastic triangle, at the correct places on the top (printed) surface ands bending up. Then I bend the stock down so it fits perfectly in the jewel box. These look very good and do not warp. You don’t need thinner glossy paper like that in the original CD jewel case for a real good look.

Third reply re CD & DVD labels, and this concerns my original question: I have a label program for creating jewel case and disc labels. What I want is a program for scanning the face of a CD and printing the exact copy on stock such as Avery 8692. I was able to do this in the past for years with some scannikg program that was lost with a hard drive failure. I could scan the CD and the round label would show up on one of the two templates that match the Avery 8692 label stock. I could print one label or click and print two labels that could be sprayed and peeled off. Avery says they do not have such software. Maybe they do not want to be associated with “illegal” copying. Hope someone out there can come up with the software I need for copying scanned labels so they can be printed onto Avery 8692 stock. THANKS!

[QUOTE=Konreid;2495763]Third reply re CD & DVD labels, and this concerns my original question: I have a label program for creating jewel case and disc labels. What I want is a program for scanning the face of a CD and printing the exact copy on stock such as Avery 8692. I was able to do this in the past for years with some scannikg program that was lost with a hard drive failure. I could scan the CD and the round label would show up on one of the two templates that match the Avery 8692 label stock. I could print one label or click and print two labels that could be sprayed and peeled off. Avery says they do not have such software. Maybe they do not want to be associated with “illegal” copying. Hope someone out there can come up with the software I need for copying scanned labels so they can be printed onto Avery 8692 stock. THANKS![/QUOTE]

The scanning program usually comes with your scanner and you scan the cd and saves the picture as for eg a jpeg file.
One then usually starts up the label program and you select the template for the type of label you have and then broswe to your scanned picture.,
make any adjustments and Print.

You can go to the website of your sannner maker and they should have a scanner program for you along with the latest drivers.
I got my epson drivers and scanner program from the website and never bother with the instal disk.

BTW
it sounds like the Avery was a labelling program and not a scanner program.
If memory serves, they used to give a free watered down version with their labels

Here is the link to free avery labeller
LINK

The issue of printing on labels has been discussed at length several times