Copying a Xbox 360 ISO file (Sony DRU-720A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-720A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi there. this is my first time doing this. I was just wondering if anybody can help me. I want to copy a legal Xbox 360 iso file to a double layered disc but when I insert the disc Roxio says medium not present Unit not ready. I’m using a sony DVD DRU 720A (firmware JY01). I don’t know what seems to be the problem if any one can help please help.

I would try ImgBurn, I haven’t got much love for Roxio.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Thanks. I will try to get ImgBurn but I’m wondering, will it work on Vista and what about sony DVD DRU that I have on my system does that mean I have to change it.

ImgBurn works just fine on Vista. Since you are burning to a dual layer disk, you should only use Verbatim +R DL disks. Your burner was first introduced about 3 and a half years ago, which makes it fairly old as burners go, so you should look for the slower speed Verbatim DL if possible…2.4x-4x speed I believe. If you can’t find that, go with the higher speed 8x Verbatim DL.

Thank you so much Kerry56. I will go and get some Verbatim DL disks and I will let you know if it works.

Hi Kerry56 I got imgburn and I tried to burn the .dvd file on the sony DVD + DL disk but it says Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity! Reason: Power Calibration Area Error. Can you help me with that? Thanks

I suspect the Sony DL are not supported by the firmware in your drive. As I mentioned earlier, you’ll probably have to get the slower speed Verbatim in order to successfully burn a DL in this older drive.