Copying a sims Cd

i can’
t copy this CD with Clonecd why ?

I’m gonna move this thread to the newbie section , since the question was answered quite some time ago.

I assume you’re talking about the Siims and not one of its various upgrades.

If i’m not mistaken , the original has a SafeDisc copyprotection , so you will need either a 2sheep burner (see www.elby.ch) or use the Amplify Weak Sectors option. If it’s the copy cd is going to be executed in the cdwriter , you will need the Hide Cdr Media in the CloneCd tray icon activated as well.

You can find more info here , here , here , here , here and here.

Use the search button once once in a while.

Thank you Mrs Belverdere for you’re reply and you’re help
i will try to copy again this weekend and i’ll post again to let you know if it worked.

Debbie

Originally posted by Debbie
[B]Thank you Mrs Belverdere for you’re reply and you’re help
i will try to copy again this weekend and i’ll post again to let you know if it worked.

Debbie [/B]

Mrs ? :bigsmile: I’m not even married !

Would also be nice if you would tell us what the game title is exactly since there are many The Sims games. The original The Sime game uses SafeDisc 1 and then there’s no need to use AWS etc… Writer and model is also needed if you still need more help.

the copy protection on the hot date i know is safedisc 2.

I backed backed up the origional Sims and the Sims Livin Large with my old Sony 8/4/32 with clone cd 3, I turned off “intellegent sector scan” turned the error correction to software and set retries to 99 (or whatever the max was) and play them from my burner with no problem without using “hide CDr media”

Woooops sorry Mr Belvedere hehehe i work and all day long i’m Mrs this and Mr that to everyone lmao

Hey ya’ll i downloaded Safedisc and made a copy of sims (unleashed) and now i don’t have to have the cd to play the game but can i use this cd to share with my friends ?

you mean share your backup with your freinds that also have the sims right…

No matt , can i use my backup cd on a friends computer to share my game with them , i look forward to you’re reply :smiley:

Distribution of software to persons who have not purchased a license for the software is illegal.

however, that is a decision you have to make yourself.

cheers

Originally posted by Debbie
Hey ya’ll i downloaded Safedisc and made a copy of sims (unleashed) and now i don’t have to have the cd to play the game but can i use this cd to share with my friends ?

You downloaded SafeDisc ?

I have the weird feeling you mean you downloaded a “patch” somewhere on the internet. We do have some rules on our forum , so we can’t help you with that.

I don’t know if it’s a patch or not i just know the file name , but you can play games without the cd